Your website has a low rating.

Let me know what you think of the site, or leave any comments if you are just dropping by.
Lightning

Your website has a low rating.

Post by Lightning »

I'm a user of the Web of Trust. And I noticed your website has a low rating. A VERY low rating. I tried to rate your website back up, but i am only one user and your rating is very low. So if you have WOT or you want to help by getting it, please help me get your website back up to good standards: http://www.mywot.com/scorecard/saturnleague.com

note
I didn't just join to say this, I am quite an avid gamer myself, and I have a Dreamcast.
Last edited by Lightning on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Uhm, why would this website have a low rating and, even more important, why should we care?
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I agree with Isaac. Why should we care? We're a small community, and the people who come here like this site for a reason. I don't think most people are even aware of these rankings.

I'm not even entirely sure you're not a bot. I've seen plenty of fairly convincing bots out there. Also, I absolutely refuse to click on that link, as I've never heard of Web of Trust. (Actually, just now I looked it up, but I still refuse to click on the link.)

We don't deal with anything encrypted/confidential here, nor do we sell anything. Specifically, we're a fan site dedicated to the Sega NetLink, but we do cover other things as well. I don't see us needing any seal of trust.

I will apologize if you convince me you're a real person, but so far, you haven't made a very solid case for yourself. Two posts - one of which contains a link to and limited description of another site - the other of which contains a general statement that loosely connects to one subject covered on this site - doesn't make for a convincing start.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Fair enough. I just came here from the Sega.com forums where I saw a post about this place, and was instantly bombarded with the page being blocked out and a message saying "this site has a low rating and may be dangerous".
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Good enough. Sorry for calling you a potential bot.

What do you have running that caused the page to be blocked out? I've never encountered anything like that before. I occasionally get blocked from going to sites that Firefox believes to be attack sites, but I've never been blocked from here.

Note to Xranger60: A lot of concerns about the safety of this site are related to how often it's been hacked. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you need to upgrade the security. I'm willing to do the upgrades if you let me.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Warp2063 wrote:Good enough. Sorry for calling you a potential bot.

What do you have running that caused the page to be blocked out? I've never encountered anything like that before. I occasionally get blocked from going to sites that Firefox believes to be attack sites, but I've never been blocked from here.

Note to Xranger60: A lot of concerns about the safety of this site are related to how often it's been hacked. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you need to upgrade the security. I'm willing to do the upgrades if you let me.
This:

Oh and np about u calling me a bot. I'm sure if some guy joined my forum and said "your site has a poor reputation, come here and make it good" and posted a link to a questionable website I never heard of before, I may question his/her legitimacy as well.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Well, I think you should add this website to your "secure sites list". No more warnings or any unnecessary notification. ;)

I hope you're going to check out some other topics!
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

I can't do that, I don't own or work for WOT.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Isaac [GER] wrote:Well, I think you should add this website to your "secure sites list". No more warnings or any unnecessary notification. ;)
Lightning wrote:I can't do that, I don't own or work for WOT.
I think Isaac meant for you to add it to the trusted sites on your web browser or add-on, although if I understand how the WOT works, I don't think you can do that.

I can see how this site got a low rating, considering the number of times it has been hacked in the past.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

While I do have a lot of power on WOT, I don't have enough to make a serious difference on my own. I rated your site 100% safe and it only went up to 14% safe overall (it was at 1%). It would take several dozen users to bring your site back up all the way.