Mini TFT Screen for a portable Saturn WooHoo!

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Cobracf2

Mini TFT Screen for a portable Saturn WooHoo!

Post by Cobracf2 »

I bought this mini TFT screen for my xbox about a year ago and we have not used thing at all. I poked around last night at some various websites and found that screen could be hooked up to anything with av plugs. All you need is a camcorder cord found here http://cgi.ebay.com/Gold-Plated-3-5mm-m ... dZViewItem
and a coupler found here http://cgi.ebay.com/Triple-female-3-RCA ... dZViewItem and You got yourself a mini TFT screen playing your sega saturn games, netlink or whatever you want to hook it up too! Once I get my order from that guy I will see if I can upload some pics to Xranger. The games look absolutely beautiful. Plus all my systems will hookup to this wonderfull TFT screen I have. Best buy sells the Zenith TFT for Xbox, gamecube and PS2 for 49.99 ive seen them on ebay for 39.99 at this web page http://cgi.ebay.com/ZENITH-5-TFT-LCD-SC ... dZViewItem any of those will work.
A friend of mine has a Sony PS1 screen he tested this with last night and guess what he was playing his sega Saturn on the Sony PS1 screen! totally hilarious! He sent me some screenshots looked awesome! Happy Gaming
I have sega rally, virtual on, duke nukem all warmed up and ready to go. its been years so I am a little rusty take it easy on the old man LOL
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Nice find! Upload those shots to me as soon as you get it. I like the idea of having a portable screen to go along with it. Something similar can be done with a TV tuner card and a laptop too, which is what I have my Gamecube hooked up to (Metroid Prime).
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Cobracf2

I emailed you a pic of Hydro Thunder Dreamcast running

Post by Cobracf2 »

I Emailed you a Pic of hydro Thunder Dreamcast Running on a Playstation 1 mini TFT screen
I have sega rally, virtual on, duke nukem all warmed up and ready to go. its been years so I am a little rusty take it easy on the old man LOL
Cobracf2

Post by Cobracf2 »

I sent you virtual on running on the PS1 screen and shot of the cables lugged together
Cobracf2

Post by Cobracf2 »

well for some reason my zenith TFT wont work on the Saturn. I got the plugs today. Fired it up it doesnt work. plugged it into my xbox with the plug supplied and it worked fine. There has got to be a hack out there for it somewhere im just trying to feed audio Video. all the xbox connector is a audio video cable like I bought.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Cobra, thanks for uploading the shots. Whoever's interested, the shots are in the "Screenshots" section under "NetLink League Users." Just a reminder that anybody can upload shots there (Need to be registered), as long as its relevant.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.