Saturn Questions.

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
maxis308

Saturn Questions.

Post by maxis308 »

Hi all,
I currently own a version 1 saturn but I want to mod my saturn, so I'm going to sell this one and get a version 2. I was also planning to get an action replay 4 in 1 so my saturn would be fully decked out.

My questions:

I was looking at possibly getting a JP saturn v2 instead of USA (it may be cheaper and looks a lot cooler!). Could I play this in the USA w/ some simple power adapter? Will the action replay 4in1 work vice versa and allow me to play USA games on this saturn? I've heard that the JP controllers are sturdier and better: could I use these controllers w/ a USA saturn if this JP saturn won't work over here in america?

Also, if anyone wants to help me out w/ a few Dreamcast questions. I was just wondering if anyone knows where to get a saturn to dreamcast controller converter so I could use arcade sticks and saturn controllers for fighting games on DC. Also, would the VO twin sticks work for the DC version of VO? Thanks in advance for all of the help.

Ezra
scroda_moon

Post by scroda_moon »

Hey there thought I would respond to your questions,
This is what I have

Model: MK-80000 Saturn with a 50/60 switch and mod chip, and a jvc vcd card installed

I have a 5in1 a 4in1 and a st.key ect ect.

and Also I have

Model: HST-3220 Jp console

Controllers work for both and you can switch it up if ya want the us realease ones on a jp console.

As far as modding my saturn even priced out right now will only cost max 15 dollars plus your skills to set it up.

JVC Card is extra coin tho but its great.

you just have to hunt and search and well honestly ive bought 3 pre-modded saturns off ebay in the past for 99cents.....not a bad score shipping extra but well worth it for the chips alone.

as far as playing a jp console you dont need to convert the power sure a step down converter would be convinent tho. but no necessary for it to run. I have had no problems with mine.

and play-asia has some good sticks for sale right now as well.

there is a few guys on ebay that have good shipping for the twin sticks as well ya just have to dig around and read a bit to find the deals....

Main thing do your research before you kick yourself in the butt later for it.

Hope this helped ya out.

you can always add me to your AIM: vandal id 001
if you have further questions i dont mind awnsering. I havent seen may people posting on here since I have joined actually to tell ya the truth your the first person I have seen post on here besides me. lol
maxis308

thx

Post by maxis308 »

well i haven't seen anything for premodded saturns on ebay at all. I'm selling my version 1 right now to get a v2 and i got a modchip for 19 dollars. I'm pretty sure they're really hard to find now. I found 2 sites selling them and they each had under 10 and weren't getting more in stock.

Wats the jvc cvd card? Is that just to play video cds? because i have a dvd player already that plays those and it will be hooked up at the same time (along w/ my DC and wii). Anyway, thx for the help, i'm constantly watching ebay for a model 2 saturn, i just have to keep my fingers crossed that it's not a sanyo that isn't moddable.

Ezra