8%
150-200 games
No votes

Total votes: 25

grolt

How many Saturn games do you own?

Post by grolt »

So what all are you guys sporting?

As of this post I have 43 Saturn games (all North American, all with original packaging), but plan on acquiring more shortly.

Here's what I've got:

Astal
Black Fire
Blazing Heroes
Bug!
Bug Too!
Christmas NiGHTS
Clockwork Knight (one opened, one sealed)
Clockwork Knight 2
Corpse Killer
D
Daytona USA: CCE
Daytona USA (Original and pack-in releases)
Decathlete
Die Hard Trilogy
Duke Nukem 3D
Fighting Vipers
Last Bronx
Manx TT
Mortal Kombat II
Mr. Bones
NiGHTS (Original & 3D Controller releases)
NHL All-Star Hockey
Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei
Pebble Beach Golf Links
Sega Ages
Sega Rally Championship
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic R
Tetris Plus
Tomb Raider
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Fighter Kids
Virtual On
World Series Baseball II
Worms

Here are some blind spots I'd like to rectify soon:

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Burning Rangers
Sonic Jam
Fighters Megamix
Panzer Dragoon
Resident Evil
The Legend of Oasis
Shining the Holy Arc
Shining Force III
Albert Odyssey
Virtua Fighter Remix (large box release)
NetLink games

My long-term goal is to acquire every Saturn exclusive (by which time, surely, my Saturn will no longer function).

That's enough from me...members, let's see some lists, and lurkers, sign up here and let's build an active Saturn community!
Nightmare a la DC

Post by Nightmare a la DC »

Seeing how I only got a Saturn about a month ago, I haven't found time to buy much else for it, I still just have the 3 games that I picked up at the pawn shop I purchased it from. Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop, and Myst is all I have right now, but I'm gonna be at West Edmonton Mall on Friday and I'm gonna check out the game stores there for stuff; I'm not exactly sure if the 2 unique game stores there are just current stuff or they carry things from all generations.
...I'll think of one later, read something else.
nandesuka

Re: How many Saturn games do you own?

Post by nandesuka »

grolt wrote:So what all are you guys sporting?

As of this post I have 43 Saturn games (all North American, all with original packaging), but plan on acquiring more shortly.

Here's what I've got:

Astal
Black Fire
Blazing Heroes
Bug!
Bug Too!
Christmas NiGHTS
Clockwork Knight (one opened, one sealed)
Clockwork Knight 2
Corpse Killer
D
Daytona USA: CCE
Daytona USA (Original and pack-in releases)
Decathlete
Die Hard Trilogy
Duke Nukem 3D
Fighting Vipers
Last Bronx
Manx TT
Mortal Kombat II
Mr. Bones
NiGHTS (Original & 3D Controller releases)
NHL All-Star Hockey
Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei
Pebble Beach Golf Links
Sega Ages
Sega Rally Championship
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic R
Tetris Plus
Tomb Raider
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Fighter Kids
Virtual On
World Series Baseball II
Worms

Here are some blind spots I'd like to rectify soon:

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Burning Rangers
Sonic Jam
Fighters Megamix
Panzer Dragoon
Resident Evil
The Legend of Oasis
Shining the Holy Arc
Shining Force III
Albert Odyssey
Virtua Fighter Remix (large box release)
NetLink games

My long-term goal is to acquire every Saturn exclusive (by which time, surely, my Saturn will no longer function).

That's enough from me...members, let's see some lists, and lurkers, sign up here and let's build an active Saturn community!

VF Remix longbox is pretty rare ... no idea why. I won it new recently on eBay for $7.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Nightmare a la DC wrote:Seeing how I only got a Saturn about a month ago, I haven't found time to buy much else for it, I still just have the 3 games that I picked up at the pawn shop I purchased it from. Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop, and Myst is all I have right now, but I'm gonna be at West Edmonton Mall on Friday and I'm gonna check out the game stores there for stuff; I'm not exactly sure if the 2 unique game stores there are just current stuff or they carry things from all generations.
I remember there was a store there, this was probably in 2001 or so, that had a sealed copy of Sonic Jam for 10 or so bucks. I had been eyeing it down, and I'm not sure why I didn't snag it, but now I'm kicking myself for it. It was a games shop on the main level right by the ice palace. I haven't been there in some time, but as I remember, there were several new and used game stores there.
grolt

Re: How many Saturn games do you own?

Post by grolt »

nandesuka wrote: VF Remix longbox is pretty rare ... no idea why. I won it new recently on eBay for $7.
Yeah, I remember it from when I was younger, and then for the longest time I thought it didn't exist, since I'd only seen the small sleeved giveaways online. I saw some stock artwork in the long box format though, which got me interested again. Hopefully I can snag it soon. Really, you can get every Saturn game cheap from eBay, it is just having the patience to wait for each mislisted title and marketing mistake. Like right now, there is a multi-tap going for over 20 bucks without a box. A week ago, a brand new boxed tap went for 99 cents. The difference? One has Bomberman and Guardian Heroes listed in the heading, and the other just the tap. It's all connections, baby.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

6-10 category for me, very rarely play on the saturn I have to say and bought it primarily for netlink play but only ever player over netlink once..lol

would like to get a few more saturn games but at present I think it will have to wait, don't seem to have enough time at present :(
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
grolt

Post by grolt »

segadreamcaster wrote:6-10 category for me, very rarely play on the saturn I have to say and bought it primarily for netlink play but only ever player over netlink once..lol

would like to get a few more saturn games but at present I think it will have to wait, don't seem to have enough time at present :(
There's a great world of games out there waiting for you - and so many of the classic Saturn games can be got for dirt cheap on eBay. Considering the cash you shelled out for Daytona, there's no excuse Mr. DC! :?
segadreamcaster

grolt wrote:
segadreamcaster wrote:There's a great world of games out there waiting for you - and so many of the classic Saturn games can be got for dirt cheap on eBay. Considering the cash you shelled out for Daytona, there's no excuse Mr. DC! :?
lol, yeah and look how often I have played daytona online...lol

It's something I will get around to one day, but I am in no rush...I have to cover many consoles in the next few years, but of course costs, time and storage space are an issue :( Not to worry though..I will find a way...BUT...Dreamcast comes first at all times :D

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
grolt

Post by grolt »

Out of curiousity, Dr. DC, what games do you have for Saturn?
segadreamcaster

My Saturn game collection currently consists of:

Daytona netlink
Sega Rally netlink
virtual On netlink
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Sonic 3D
Tomb Raider
Virtua Fighter 2
Manx TT Superbike
and some footbal game that I cannot remeber..lo...hate football!

So dead on 10..more than I though now they are put together :)

Must play Tomb raider, never actually played this through yet :(

Own all 5 netlink games:

Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
grolt

Post by grolt »

I think the first Tomb Raider really holds up. The later ones would focus more on Laura and would be more action oriented, but the first was a tense and atmospheric puzzle solver. I still remember some of those first levels, swimming in an underground path only to emerge to the sight of a huge grizzly bear. Or those prowling wolves on the main level when you have to climb up for the key. Scary stuff!

Oddly enough, Burning Rangers sort of reminds me of Tomb Raider. Lots of quiet wandering, wondering when the shit is going to hit the fan.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

My current collection:

Amok (BR)
Cyber Speedway (BR)
Daytona USA (BR)
Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition (BR)
Heir of Zendor (BR)
Mega Man X4 (BR)
NASCAR 98 (BR)
NBA Action 98 (BR)
NiGHTS Into Dreams... (BR)
NightWarriors: DarkStalker's Revenge (BR)
P.T.O. II (BR)
Resident Evil (BR)
Riven: The Sequel to Myst (BR)
Sega Touring Car Championship (BR)
Scorcher (BR)
Sega Rally Championship (BR)
Sentimental Grafitti (JAP)
Shinseiki Evangelion 2nd Impression (JAP)
Sonic R (BR)
StarFighter (US)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (BR)
Thunderstrike 2 (BR)
Virtua Cop (BR)
Virtua Cop 2 (BR)
Virtua Fighter 2 (JAP) (Setakore version)

* (BR) Brasil, (US) USA and (JAP) Japan

Basically, these 3 games made me buy a Saturn in 2006:
NiGHTS (I have)
Tomb Raider (not yet)
Sonic Jam (not yet)

Of course there's games like the five evangelion relases (four to go!) that I want and a lot of Sega and Capcom games too... =)

And all was bought new and sealed! Except for Thunderstrike 2 and Mega Man X4... ^^'
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
grolt

Post by grolt »

Tomb Raider was actually one of the first games I rented for the Saturn, since it took several months after launch for my mom and pop stores to actually stock them. I had just been buying up until that point, but I remember being quite blown away by the first TR. There were some moments that were among the most exciting I've ever played, probably because so much of the game is slower moving, with puzzles and the like, then all of a sudden a grizzly bear comes out of nowhere to effectively scare the shit out of you. I never really took for the increased action and modern environments in the sequels...the first is where it's at, and where it is at right now is eBay, and very cheap. I got mine for a dollar a year ago, and prices are still nearly as cheap!

As for my list, I've rectified my blind spots somewhat, picking up Burning Rangers, Fighters Megamix, Virtual On NetLink, Sega Rally NetLink, Duke Nukem 3d, Blazing Heroes, Decathlete and about 15 other lesser titles. Trying to get a good deal on PDS, Sonic Jam or Bomberman is a whole other battle, though!
That's fly.
ImportBoy

Post by ImportBoy »

I think I own somewhere between 20 - 30 Japanese games...mabey more lol. Have to count sometime.

Don't own any original American games, but I have practically the entire collection burned on about 30 DVDs.
-ImportBoy
Sega Saturn Information & Download Site - http://www.sega-saturn.us
kaneda@sega-saturn.us
KronixKid22

Post by KronixKid22 »

I have to get a list together but I'd probably say between 30 and 40. I bought a lot of games (just CD's) at a store that was going out of business one time which is where the majority of mine came from. :D