100-150 games
8%
150-200 games
No votes

Total votes: 25

Rogue

Post by Rogue »

hehe, I've included the browser in my IGN collection.. ^^'

I've bought almost everyting Saturn online, just some games I've found around here.

=)
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
grolt

Post by grolt »

I've been with the Saturn since its humble beginnings. Whenever we'd take the yearly trip into Edmonton from our small city, the first stop would always be TOYS 'R US, where we'd usually come out with a couple games each. I bought PANZER DRAGOON ZWEI, VIRTUA FIGHTER II, ROBOTICA, FIGHTING VIPERS and DAYTONA CCE that way. I remember near the end of the Saturn's life I bought some sealed NiGHTS games and some sealed 3D CONTROLLERS for $10 a pop. That was a good investment. :)
That's fly.
beershotz

Post by beershotz »

I own 33 Saturn game in total. I own a US and a Japanese Saturn. Bought the Japanese Saturn mainly just to play Dracula X. I love most types of games, love the Panzer Dragoon series even though I dont have Saga (want it so bad but $200 is alot of moolah). I recently purchased Mystaria on Ebay and I just started playing through (cool so far). I also throw in the stunners alot for some Virtua Cop 1 & 2 matches with my son.
grolt

Post by grolt »

I don't know why Mystaria/Blazing Heroes doesn't get a better rap. Sweet graphics (especially for the time), cool characters and a fun story. Definitely the most underrated RPG in the Saturn library.
That's fly.
doink317

Post by doink317 »

I'd say I own around 10 or so Saturn games. I've been trying to start up a Sega Saturn collection though for awhile now, so I look to add some more titles in the near future. My brothers had a Sega Saturn since around 1996, and I play the system with him, but he's since moved, and he also never really got to many Saturn games I just recently decided to get into the Saturn, and I purchased a Saturn about two weeks ago, so here's the list of games I own so far:

-NBA Action
-World Series Baseball
-Virtua Fighter 2
-Virtua Cop
-Daytona USA
-Sega Rally Championship
-Bug Too!
-Mega Man X-4
-Street Fighter 2 Alpha
-Dark Savior
-Sonic 3D Blast
-Shellshock
-Fighters Megamix
-NiGHTS into Dreams
-NiGHTS Demo(my brother gave it to me)
-Two Saturn Demos (My brother game me those too)

Some other games I'm going to try and add to the collection soon is DieHard Arcade, Panzer Dragoon, and I would not mind adding the Saturn Netlink to my collection too, I just need to read up on it a bit more to understand all I need to do to get it set up.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Hiya,

Although I don't post here much, I do lurk, and now that I have a Netlink, I will likely post a bit more.

My collection stands at 112 North American games with a small number of JPN games over and above those. Rather than list all 112 here though, I thought I'd post a few interesting tidbits about my set.

Got my first game (Panzer Dragoon) in late 1995

I'm a sucker for Working Designs' disc art variants. I have all the Dragon Force variants and all the Albert Odyssey variants. Presently I need the Hikaru and Umi discs (Magic Knight Rayearth) to complete the WD sub-set

A good deal of the now-expensive games, I acquired at release - games such as PDS, SF3, MKR, Sonic Jam, Christmas NiGHTS. At the time I had no idea I would commit to collecting every single NA Saturn game, I just bought them because I knew they would be fun.

I have 5 Saturn units - 2 NA Model 1, 2 NA Model 2, and one white JPN unit. Between all those, I have 10 controllers (all SEGA brand), from the US pads, JPN style pads, 3D pads, Arcade Stick.

What collection would be complete without a set of UK Sega Saturn Magazine? I have about 3/4 of the mags, again some of them bought here in Calgary when they were sold here near the end of the Saturn's commercial life.

I don't just collect, I play! My 3 absolute favourite games of all time (any system) are Panzer Dragoon Saga, the Shining Force 3 trilogy, and NiGHTS into Dreams. Having said that, there are LOTS of fantastic Saturn games that get regular play in my machines.

Until recently (due to another Canadian player) I held various World Records for scores in NiGHTS into Dreams, notably the first million-point score in Frozen Bell.

Perhaps the centrepiece of the set is a sealed copy of the last North American Saturn release: Magic Knight Rayearth. Sealed games are not a focus of my collection so this is the only one I've got, but I did get it signed by Victor Ireland. I know the variant it holds is the rare Umi disc, but that one ain't getting opened.

That's about it for hilights - if anyone wants, I can perhaps post a few pics.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Might be cool to see.

I own only one Saturn game so far, Sega Rally Netlink Edition, and it doesn't work. I'm still not sure if it's a problem with my Saturn or if it's the disc. There's a few scratches on it, including one in a region that I suspect is one of the areas it checks to make sure it's a genuine disc. The Netlink disc works fine in my Saturn, so I'm guessing it's my copy of Sega Rally that's bad.

If it worked, I'd click the box that would show that I owned it. :(
grolt

Post by grolt »

Hey Peter, nice to see you on here. I have one NiGHTS record, but save for that one route I'm not even close to being in the same league as you. Seriously folks, Peter is a NiGHTS legend!

Since my last post I've sort of begrudgingly decided to go for a complete US set. I've got all the Sega-produced titles and most of the rarer third party ones (the Working Designs games, Winning Post, Shinobi Legions, Street Fighter Collection, etc.), but now I've decided to go and get all those common ones. EA Sports, here I come! I'm in no rush to do this though, this will likely be a several year project. Should be fun to chisel away at, though.
That's fly.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thank you for the kind words, Grolt. Yes, NiGHTS is probably my most-played game of all time, and just recently, I finally achieved a King Pian! It was awesome.

Back on topic, I now have exactly 200 US Saturn games. Finally have all the Working Designs variants (with a little help from Mr. Ireland himself), got me 3 copies of Daytona NetLink, and a bunch of other somewhat significant games. Not much more to go, but I am finding some to be surprisingly hard to find. MegaMan 8 comes to mind, as does the Sega Screams Volume 2 disc, as well as 3D Baseball, of all titles. Also having hard luck tracking down Grand Slam. Strange that 2 of the games I am having a tough time finding are sports titles.

I am lucky in that I have most of the rare / expensive titles already. Aside from the 4 listed above, the rest should be fairly easy to grab.

PS, I was kidding about Daytona NetLink. Ooohh, the time I have invested in tracking down a copy is INSANE and still not a peep about it. Any suggestions???

Peter
grolt

Post by grolt »

Man, you almost gave me a heart attack. I was about to promise you a first born for one of your Daytonas. Congrats on the collection upgrade. 3D Baseball took me awhile, but once you find it it shouldn't be too bad price-wise. I'm still waiting on finding a cheap Megaman though.

I should invest more time into the A-Life system. I've seen those videos on YouTube of the huge tower they can build and such, and it's quite fascinating. I just don't have the time right now or the stamina, I guess, to give it a shot.
That's fly.