-Daytona Championship Circuit Edition
-Doom
-Geoblockers
-Gungriffon
-Hexen (accessed through debug mode)
-Steeldom
-Virtual On: Cyber Troopers
-Wipeout

These are all of the games that work with the Saturn's VS cable, and my question is, is it worth a purchase? I'll need to wait until I get a second Saturn before I seriously ponder buying one of these along with games, does anybody here think that these games are enough to make a link cable worth it?
...I'll think of one later, read something else.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Considering you can find the cable for cheap, the real question is whether you have two systems and two copies of each game in order to actually use it. I just recently got two systems, and tried playing Virtual On and Daytona with it, and it was definitely a fun experience. Basically NetLink but without worrying about dropped connections. If you have two systems, two games, two TVs and a willing friend to play, it's definitely a recommended expense!
That's fly.
ImportBoy

Post by ImportBoy »

I think Steeldom comes boxed with the cable? At least the Japanese version, I've seen it listed on e-bay often. Might want to consider getting it in that package.
-ImportBoy
Sega Saturn Information & Download Site - http://www.sega-saturn.us
kaneda@sega-saturn.us
Nightmare a la DC

Post by Nightmare a la DC »

I did look up Steeldom (mainly because I've never heard of it), and it does come in a package with the link cable. What I did notice is that most of the link games are Japan only, and that Hexen is the only US game that has this feature (but it's really buggy), and Europe also got Doom (but, again the framerate problems make it a chore to play).
...I'll think of one later, read something else.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Well, I think its a great addiction.

And Steeldom comes with and without the cable.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D