Whew! Thought I'd lost my NetLink browser 3.0 disc

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Scooter

Whew! Thought I'd lost my NetLink browser 3.0 disc

Post by Scooter »

I was recently inventorying my games and found my NetLink browser jewel case empty. I had loaned it to a friend from this site but I distinctly recall seeing it returned. I checked everywhere two or three times. I finally found it in my office in an unmarked DVD case I must have used to ship it back and forth.

While I don't really use my NetLink to surf anymore, I didn't want to lose this browser disc. This was the 3.0 version which PlanetWeb and Sega made available for free to NetLink owners toward the end of the NetLink's life span.

Does anyone else have this 3.0 browser? I think it was 2.0 which was packaged with the units, maybe 3.0 was packaged in later units, I don't know.

I also recall a version of the browser you could download from PlanetWeb which worked much better but which was lost when you turned off your Saturn. I wish they had made that version available on disc.
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I have the 2.0 as well as 3.0 disk. The 3.0 I believe was sent to me for free by PlanetWeb. The other, downloadable version you are referring to is version 4.0, which was downloadable but as you said, did not stay in memory after the console was turned off.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
ImportBoy

Post by ImportBoy »

Someone was able to download version 4.0 of the browser with a PC and made a bootable image of it. You can download it from my Saturn site here:

http://www.sega-saturn.us/down-pub/netl ... eta-na.rar

You'll need a modified Saturn to run it; or use the swap trick.
-ImportBoy
Sega Saturn Information & Download Site - http://www.sega-saturn.us
kaneda@sega-saturn.us
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Wow, that's awesome. I know a while back on our old forums someone had all the downloadable browsers mirrored on their own site. I'll look into getting them for download here, but that 4.0 image is a great find for anybody with a modded saturn.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Hey!

I really want a copy of the 3.0 web browser, I only have the 2.0, and always need to update to post here from the Saturn... =)

Here's a web site where you can update from the netlink, I've tryed all of them, the last version is awesome, and is the only that we can post here in the forum, the others don't show the "submit" button... lol

http://www.gue-tech.org/cgi-bin/netlink/nph-netlink.cgi
Just select one and update, the browser restarts after the update.

Have fun! ^^
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D