eBay shockers

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
grolt

eBay shockers

Post by grolt »

Generally, eBay is a safe place to unload merchandise. Even if you don't know the proper street price for an item, it usually always reaches the proper tally after a complete auction. But with Buy It Now though, there opens the possibility to exploit a seller's lack of knowledge about whatever field he is dealing in. I've come across several Saturn steals on eBay, and I'll post more in the future, but this one here takes the cake:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SEGA-SATURN-WINNING- ... dZViewItem

Yeah, a complete US version of WINNING POST for 5 bucks! That game is probably second to only DAYTONA NETLINK as the rarest of Saturn games and could have easily gone for 70+ in that condition. But yep, 5 bucks. And I thought I got a deal when I got a near mint ALBERT ODYSSEY for 24 bucks.

Anyone else have any great eBay steals they've witnessed?
That's fly.
segadreamcaster

Post by segadreamcaster »

Insane isnt it!

Although this isnt Saturn related, I did see a rediculous ebay sale a few weeks ago for a Nvidia Geforce 8600GTS sold with a buy it now price of £0.99...99p!!!!! roughly about $2...lol

Amazing....I did read the feedback and the seler said it was meant to be £99.99 not £0.99 but said he would stand by his mistake and let him have it for 99p...and to make matters worse he had it listed as free post..lol..wish I had a link to it now :(

Anyway, yeah it's pretty shocking what you can get on ebay..a friend of mine bought a HP pavilion DV6000 notebook on ebay for £205 posted (worth about £600) it had a fault with the graphics, so thought it would be good for spares...but found it was still covered by warranty so just sent it in for a free reapair...lol...bargain :)

Anyway, sorry for drifting off topic...but had to mention those two :)
Saturn netlink owner in the UK/ Bristol South-Glos area :)

Own all 5 netlink games:

Sega Rally - Netlink edition
Virtual On - Netlink edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Daytona USA CCE netlink edition (genuine copy)
Nightmare a la DC

Post by Nightmare a la DC »

I tend to keep seeing this one guy selling brand new sealed copies of Street Fighter Alpha 2 for US Saturn for $10 US a pop, but I'm a bit skeptical...how many sealed copies could this guy possibly have? I mean I've been seeing him selling these since about April.
...I'll think of one later, read something else.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Yeah, in the auction sites you can find great bargains!

^^

I bought some cool games for low prices, but found some expensive rarities too.

I think that's really possible the great supply of Street Alpha 2 and Nightwarriors brand new.
If you don't havet, take them! I recommend these games!

Here in Brazil there's something like it, but the titles are Scorcher, Heir of Zendor and Virtua Cop 2. There's a lot of them, I think that's something like old stocks, they're really cheap!

=)
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D