My Project for Saturn

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

Yeah I just use a Canon photo printer right on to like...high gloss paper i think. This project won't die and never get finished...it will just have some big lapses in it =P
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

So I recently went on thecoverproject cause I hadn't been there in awhile and noticed that they finally started doing normal sized dvd cases for saturn games. In my opinion though, their template sucks. Why?
1.) I hate those ugly tanish greyish stripes in the back.
2.) They tinkered with all the logos, none of them look original at all, and the big Sega Saturn one just looks plain outlandish to me.
3.) They modify the design layout of some of the cases. I personally like seeing the original designs (World Series Baseball is a perfect example of it, although I wish I had whatever scan they have because the colors are beautiful)

So basically, this will probably force me to start this project again, but I might redo the cases I already have done (just fixing up minor crap and refining my template). Unfortunately I think I lost my original template, but I still have the old covers so I can probably remake it from them. I also lost all the scans I have, and I can't torrent here, so getting them off of UG will have to wait til summer.

So for all of you who had been hoping I'd start this up again, it's your lucky day.

Update: So I made a template based off thecoverproject one, since the sizes were already measured out, and then I took a scan of World Series Baseball, cleaned it up and here it is:
Last edited by HoboJoe on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

This is very cool and great for people looking to save space. In some sense they even look better than the original but cutting out some of the white space. If I wasnt so picky about collecting original material Id be doing these.

I actually have a Disc Only World Series Baseball Ill do this for at the least.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I mostly do them for back-ups <.<
I hate looking through tons of CD's, I'd rather scan through a shelf of cases, cause it's faster in my opinion.
And yeah, I like collecting original material too, which is why i don't wanna touch my originals...lol