My Project for Saturn

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
HoboJoe

My Project for Saturn

Post by HoboJoe »

Well The Project I've recently decided to take up is to recreate all U.S. saturn covers for regular size dvd cases. I realize that there was a movement that did a lot of this slim dvd cases, but they used the PAL logos and did mostly japanese games...and personally I'm a fan of the U.S. logos more. Here's some pics of the one i did for Sonic R:
Sorry if they're crappy....i dont have a good camera right now...and i have not very steady heands so they're kinda blurry.
Here's the a small version of radiant silvergun...the only non-U.S. game I'll prolly make one for:

I'm also gonna try and compile every CD label...so if you have a scanner and some saturn cds....scan em! I'm doing this for burnt copies of games...because i like using back-ups more then originals for collectors value =P
Plus sicne im 18 and in school...dont have tons of money to pay for games.
If any of you want the template I use to make the covers or you want to see the rest jsut ask me...I'll try to upload the high quality JPEG one if I can find a place to host them. (BIG files)
Last edited by HoboJoe on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

I gotta say... This is good stuff. That Radiant Silvergun case is a work of art! 8)

I was planning on doing something similar for my Sega Rally and Virtual On NetLink games. They came in standard CD jewel cases and I was wanting to eventually transfer them to a more suitable "home" after making a cover for them.
I own: Saturn Bomberman, Duke Nukem, Sega Rally and Virtual On.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I made just the regular virtual on case....you could use that for the time being if i find a place to upload them. After I do alot of the othe rmain games I might go and make a special virtual on netlink edition case.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

*Update* I put much much higher quality and better color pictures up...plus of 3 cases instead of just one. Unfortunately in these pics you can't see my boxes full of action figures and all the crap all over my floor =P
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

Here's a some pictures of the 12 covers ive printed out so far. I'm at about 18 done...didn't get as much accomplished today as i thought cause my dad broke the dishwasher and i spent 3 hours trying to fix it....but its still broke.
That's them all lined up next to PS@ and real saturn cases ^
The collection ^

For an updated list of what scans I need (if anyone can provide them) and which cases i have done check out http://thatcomic.fileave.com/checklist.htm
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

So I only ever ended up making 20 of them....when I get remotivated I'll make more....but I can't find artwork for probably more then half the Saturn games, albeit they're more obscure/unpopular games. So here's a link to all of them:
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562805558JdPsMi

If I find it I'll upload the template somewhere so if people want they can make some more and I can add them to the collection. Notice the Return Fire one, that game's unreleased but I love it so that became a priority one to make =P
mcfoxx

Post by mcfoxx »

Wow! These are really beautiful... truly epic.

Be inspired!
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

Idk...I might get back into it this summer or when I start college...but right now I gotta do a lot of stuff...like fix my CB antenna on my car....find a better paying job (if I can do this you'll definitely see some more of these covers)...play video games....etc.
KronixKid22

Post by KronixKid22 »

Nice, I need these! lol I but a bunch of loose games (just the CD's) a few years ago and I'd love to be able to get cases like this for them. Cool project :D
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

If you guys post what cases you need I'll do those first once I get started again.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Great job on the covers, man! If I wasn't so anal about original packaging and all that, I'd totally be doing this.

Finally...Astal gets a spine! :lol:
That's fly.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Great job on the covers, man! If I wasn't so anal about original packaging and all that, I'd totally be doing this.

Finally...Astal gets a spine! :lol:
That's fly.
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

Everytime I look at these I feel as though the Saturn will come back!
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I still wish I could find high quality scans for the cases I can't find em for....I want to eventually make covers for every game released in U.S.
I haven't even gone through the entire list to sort out the rest I need scans for....only got up to C or D i think.
thestickman

Post by thestickman »

I really love this idea and I wish I could help you out to get it done! I've been without a Saturn for quite awhile now and its high-time for me to get one again.

Since I've been looking into getting another really soon, I've been doing a lot of reading around on the net about various topics relative to the system, and I found the project you previously mentioned with the slim-DVD cases (and also saw that it pretty much came to a halt a couple years ago).

I think its a spectacular idea to move the games to DVD-format cases, not only for space-saving reasons but also for reliability, seeing how flimsy the original cases are >.<

I agree with you completely in the fact that I would much rather have the U.S. logos and original cover arts, rather than originally created or PAL/JP ones. I'd love to do what I can to help, and I'll definitely look around to see if I can manage to find any scans. I've got a scanner myself but I'm not sure how well it would work for this (its a Kodak EasyShare 5300 all-in-one machine), not to mention tracking the games down themselves DOES require money (I'm just starting college myself this fall so I'm limited on funds as well :/).

I'd love to see this project come to a finish, and not burn-out to a fizzled demise as with that other one that was started in the past.

PS: I'm assuming you just print the covers onto photo-quality paper?