Saturn console for sale, incomplete but cheap!

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Scooter

Saturn console for sale, incomplete but cheap!

Post by Scooter »

I bought a spare Saturn because the CD-ROM drive in my original Saturn is sounding a little ill and I wanted a back up. I was surprised at how easy it is to replace the CD-ROM drive so I just pulled out the drive and tucked it away for future use.

That leaves me with a spare incomplete Saturn unit I don't need. It is model 80000A (US, round buttons) and is missing the CD-ROM drive and the battery cover. The case has a few scrapes but is decent overall. It does work with a CD-ROM drive but only outputs black and white video for some reason. The cart slot on the motherboard does work. No cables or power cord are included.

$18.00 shipped in the US, $10 and actual shipping costs elsewhere.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

That's a lot for a saturn that doesnt work and comes with no cords.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

HoboJoe wrote:That's a lot for a saturn that doesnt work and comes with no cords.
Alot? Considering shipping will be $9-$12 depending on where it's going that's $6-$9 for a unit which can provide at least a good power board and a decent case. It's possible the color issue is an easy fix but I doubt it.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

Ehhh...I guess that's pretty good. Idk, I'm just not into broken things =P
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

HoboJoe wrote:Ehhh...I guess that's pretty good. Idk, I'm just not into broken things =P
Me neither, that's why I'm trying to get rid of it and so someone else can hopefully make use of the various parts!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Does the system even boot without a drive?
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Warp2063 wrote:Does the system even boot without a drive?
I dunno, I never tried it. I can try it and let you know if you are interested in it. Since a complete system will boot without a disc in the disc drive I suppose it would boot at some level, but if it checks the status of the drive first I might halt the operation before it fully loads up.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I am curious, although I'm not sure at the moment if a drive-less system will be useful to me.