Saturn Vs. Playstation

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Reps911

Post by Reps911 »

I got overwhelmed with the amout of SAT vs. PSX Games to review so I decided to do some others. I just Finnished Saturn Vs. Jaguar/Jaguar CD.
and I have to admit I was Surprised by the results. anyways I'll post soon...

I'll also be doing sat vs. 3do and others, before i finish sat vs. psx.
Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

Saturn Vs. Jaguar!?!?!? Awesome! I look forward to your comparisons.

I have Rayman for both systems and I thought the Jag version was VERY impressive, especially for when it came out. But the Saturn treatment was a bit more polished from what I have played. They added a few more SFX here and there (like when Rayman makes the goofy face) and I liked all the end-of-level screen wrapping and special effects that were added in the Saturn version.

I haven't actually sat down and really tried to compare the two, so you mght find lots of things I overlooked, but those were some differences that I immediately noticed. I thought both were fantastic however.
I own: Saturn Bomberman, Duke Nukem, Sega Rally and Virtual On.
Reps911

Post by Reps911 »

Okay. Saturn Vs. Jaguar is posted in the Info an Guides section under Saturn.. Check it out and let me know what you think...

P.S. why not rate it while your there too :lol:
Reps911

Post by Reps911 »

Saturn Vs. 3DO is now up... still working on Saturn Vs. PSX
blast

Post by blast »

Only briefly have I played or seen 2 games the same played on PSX and Saturn. They were Wipeout and Worms. On both occasions the PSX version was better in my opionion. Wipeout didnt look as good graphically and seemed to have a lot more clip issues and being able to partially travel through walls that the PSX version. On Worms I found the power bar when throwing grenades etc to be a bit jumpy on the saturn and smoother on the PSX. This made shots on the Saturn version harder. As I said though this is from a very brief experience of both games.