Saturn Netlink and Multitap

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
AmonX

Saturn Netlink and Multitap

Post by AmonX »

A quick search of the internets has proved fruitless. Is it possible to use a multitap in a Netlink game and thus have a 10 player bomberman game? Thank you very much
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Up to 10 people can challenge each other at home or up to two players can battle it out over the Sega Saturn NetLink.
Found that in under 30 seconds on a Google search.
AmonX

Post by AmonX »

Well clearly I fail at the internets! Thank you for the quick reply. I just did a quick search myself, found a site that stated you could play four player bomberman with netlink, 2 on each console.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I would never call the internet an 100% accurate source of data. Either one of us could be wrong. :)

However, I don't think they'd allow for too many people to play on Netlink at once... for every player you've got playing, you up the bandwidth requirements... and 28.8kbps is already pretty slow as is. :wink:
Reps911

Post by Reps911 »

saturn bomberman only allowed four players, two on each console over the netlink. It did allow up to ten players offline, though I've never played the game so I wouldn't know how that worked...
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

Yup, four is the max, 2 on each side, like reps said. It's a really fun experience over the Netlink... teaming up with a friend or my brother for old school gaming over the modem makes me happy :). It is indeed up to 10 players offline with 2 multitaps, although anything over 7-8 players forces you to play on the only map which can handle that many- a widescreen map which makes everything tiny. Still, fun sauce all around.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
grolt

Post by grolt »

I've played an 8 player game before on that small screen - sort of simplified, but still super fun. I've never had the pleasure of playing it online though - hopefully one day.
That's fly.