Saturn RGB scart

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
blast

Saturn RGB scart

Post by blast »

My new Saturn RGB scart arrived today and about time too I just mailed the ebay seller to ask if it had been shipped. I wont be able to try it until I 100% alter the rooms in my house so I was wondering what graphical delights am I missing out on in the mean time? Currently using composite via the video which probably degrades it a little I imagine.

In basic, how much better is RGB scart :D
Cidus

Post by Cidus »

Congrats!

Getting a better AV connection is a cheap and relatively easy way to breathe new life into your console.

For the Saturn or pretty much any console, I find RGB to be a huge step up from composite. You'll see no more color bleeding (especially reds), interference, or dot crawl. With the boost in sharpness, you'll probably notice things in games that you never even knew were there before. Pretty much, you're gonna have a picture as clean as an arcade monitor -- really, the cleanest and best image you can get out of the Saturn.

Happy gaming man!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Heh, when I got my Saturn, it didn't come with the composite cables. Just an R/F adapter. :(
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!