What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Rogue wrote:Oh, that's cool.

Anytime an user want, we can try to hook up an international match.

Leave the call to me. It's ok. =)

Just send a PM with the time you want me to call and your GMT reference.
Rouge I wouldnt mind trying to see whats its like.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Manji

Post by Manji »

anybody heard of this game: Heir of Zendor?

recently won this on ebay. never heard of it, looks like a strategy game made by Koei, so i've got to assume it's at least well developed to a certain degree.

i'm kind of getting into picking up all these games Koei released on the Saturn.
salsays

Post by salsays »

Well its not what I bought today but I've bought a few music cds, and also Modern Warfare 2. Had the game for about a week now and it is freakin awesome.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji wrote:anybody heard of this game: Heir of Zendor?

recently won this on ebay. never heard of it, looks like a strategy game made by Koei, so i've got to assume it's at least well developed to a certain degree.

i'm kind of getting into picking up all these games Koei released on the Saturn.
Generally Ive heard its one of the worst games on the Saturn. Ive never purchased it yet so youll have to give me your thoughts on it. But Ive avoided mainly cause its so widely panned. But who knows.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

After hearing about the Master System version of Ghouls N Ghosts I snapped up a copy on ebay. $10 for the game and $10 shipping from Australia. Its a complete in box copy with the manual and every thing and it just got here yesterday.

And wow! This game is way more forgiving than any of the other Ghouls N Ghosts games I've ever played. You actually start with 3 hit points and that store where you can upgrade armor/speed/magic is really helpful.
Game collection on my site.
Manji

Post by Manji »

wow, sounds like i really need to try that one !

ghouls n ghosts as always been difficult for me, so to hear that it's more forgiving on the SMS makes it a definite buy some day. seems like each version or iteration of the game has some sort of change.
JerryTerrifying

Check it out on youtube. I'll do a bad ass review of it some day hahaha. I've never put much effort into playing it on the NES. I've made it to the first boss but that's it. In the SMS version I've actually beat the first boss and made it to the second level.
Manji

Post by Manji »

cool, i'll look forward to it!

i also forgot to mention a big one. i bought Guardian Heroes for the Saturn recently. all i can say is yesss!! :D :D can't wait to play it.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji wrote:cool, i'll look forward to it!

i also forgot to mention a big one. i bought Guardian Heroes for the Saturn recently. all i can say is yesss!! :D :D can't wait to play it.
Guardian Heroes would have been an uber-sweet game for Netlink!
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

salsays

Post by salsays »

Seriously Guardian Heros would have kicked soooo much ass with net link. There could have been a lot of great moments with that game on net link.
katsujinken

Post by katsujinken »

Warp2063 wrote:
JerryTerrifying wrote:Yeah I really shouldn't have bought one but damn it I couldn't resist. I think I've got a problem lol. Like seriously. But I keep justifying it in that eventually I'll have all the systems I want.
I think I've realized that even if I own every game system ever, I probably still won't be happy. The collector in me would want to go back for more. It's tough.
JerryTerrifying wrote:Besides the specifications does the power brick have any markings denoting that it belongs with the CDX?
Yes.

Code: Select all

SEGA TM Model No. MK-4122
CLASS 2 POWER SUPPLY FOR
USE WITH GENESIS CDX
INPUT: 120V AC 60Hz 23W
OUTPUT: 9.5V 1.5A
JerryTerrifying wrote:It'd clear up room for another unit on my shelves and I didn't even think about clearing up another outlet. I think I might move the Genesis/SCD out to another TV.
I had to buy a whole new power strip to power my Genesis 2, Sega CD 2, and 32X. Now it's mostly empty, just powering my Dreamcast, Saturn, and CDX, and being available for when I need a socket to charge my phone, DS, or PSP. My Genesis Super Battleship Configuration was relocated to a box under the bed to keep it clean, along with two of my Saturns. I left the Sega CD's power supply out, though, to power my Super Famicom, as I don't have a proper adapter for it.
katsujinken wrote:Today I bought Third World War for SEGA CD. It's in excellent condition and it was a tough call because the store also had a SEGA CD back-up cart as well as Psycho Fox & Phantasy Star for Master System. But I figure the only REAL reason to get the back-up cart is so I can access the unlockable extras in Shining Force CD, I already have Phantasy Star on the GBA collection & I'm so-so on Psycho Fox. But who am I kidding? I'm going to go back for all of them.
I HIGHLY recommend getting the Sega CD Back-up Cart. Not only does it provide an added sense of security for your game saves in case your Sega CD's internal memory fails, but it's a huge amount of storage (at least compared to the built-in one). Also, when I decided to make my CDX my primary Genesis, it allowed me to bring my saves over. Finally, it provides me with more Snatcher save slots. ^_^
lol well get this, I bought the Back-Up Cart but it had a dead battery so I went back and exchanged it for "Phantasy Star" and it had a dead battery too so I just went up AGAIN and exchanged it for another copy of "Phantasy Star" which the owner tested for me first to prove that THIS TIME I'd get something which works - yeesh. Oh but while there I also picked up The GBA "Castlevania Double Pack" with "Harmony of Dissonance" and "Aria of Sorrow". I've been looking for those for a long long time.

Other than that, the only SEGA related products I've gotten recently was a copy of "Ninja Gaiden" for SMS and "AD&D Eye of the Beholder" for SCD, which I mostly bought for the Yuzo Koshiro soundtrack. The only problem is that game can ONLY be saved via a SCD Back-Up Cart... *sigh* well If that guy ever replaces the battery I'll definately go back for it.
JerryTerrifying

^ It's pretty easy to replace the batteries. I'm not sure if the SCD backup cart uses a rechargeable or not but even then finding a bettery online shouldn't be to hard. You can even find batteries that already have those connectors use to attach them to the board. When I replaced my Link's Adventure battery I just went to radio shack and bought a battery holder and soldered some wire to the board then soldered the wires to the battery holder. There's a ton of free space in a NES cart. You could even do that in a Genesis/SMS cart the boards on those things are pretty tiny leaving a decent amount of extra space in there.

If I were you I'd go see if you can talk him down on the Backup cart since it has a dead battery, like down to a few bucks, then replace the battery and either keep it or sell it for profit.
JerryTerrifying

today I picked up 4 laserdisc movies, 3 Atari 7800 games and a case for Genesis carts that's pretty awesome. You can check out my youtube for that.

But yesterday I got in World Heroes for the AES and have been having a real blast with it. I also got a game off amazon earlier this week Shadow Tower. It's a first person RPG from Japan that really reminds me of Elder Scrolls games.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Keep it. They're nice to have around.

I was under the impression that those backup carts were non-volatile... I guess I'd better check it and my Saturn one...

And yes, the batteries are pretty easy to replace. I've repaired old Christmas ornaments and things, the batteries in my X-Bands... I haven't needed to replace a battery in one of my games yet (at least not that I've noticed), but it's not hard.

I think I got rid of a bunch of my Castlevania games, including that double pack (I'll have to check). It turns out that I like the ideas/stories/characters behind them, as well as the music, but I'm not as much a fan of the gameplay. :?
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Just picked up Persona on my PSP, and Phantasy Star 0 on my DS. I hope it has online play... I know it has local multiplayer, but I don't have any nearby friends that have a DS.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!