What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

^
I'm sure Capcom won't mind if you buy both versions. I'm waiting for Super Street Fighter IV to come out...then have a price drop. But I may pick up a cheap copy of of SFIV to play against Manji.

All right what's everyone's PSN ids?

Mine's JerryTerrifying
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

A used copy of IV is pretty cheap. I'll definitely consider it.

You'll never guess what my PSN name is. (Hint: It's the same as my username on this site.)

Or my XBL Gamertag! (Hint: It's the same as my username on this site.)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Warp you´ll maybe get some spam mails next week xD
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
JerryTerrifying

Warp2063 wrote:A used copy of IV is pretty cheap. I'll definitely consider it.

You'll never guess what my PSN name is. (Hint: It's the same as my username on this site.)

Or my XBL Gamertag! (Hint: It's the same as my username on this site.)
Lol! You never know dude. Manji's got different Screen names for here, AIM and Youtube so his PSN might be different. Next time I boot up the ol PsTripple I'll be sure to add you. If you decided to get SFIV sooner than later I'll probably pick up a copy so we can all kick eachothers asses.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

JerryTerrifying wrote:If you decided to get SFIV sooner than later I'll probably pick up a copy so we can all kick eachothers asses.
Well, I just traded in a ton of my old PS2, DS, and PSP games, so I now have a chunk of trade credit burning a hole in my pocket. There's a good chance "sooner" may happen.

And I can tell you now... I'm probably going to lose. I like the occasional fighter... but I'm no good at them. At least not when it comes down to skill. =P
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Well, I dont think Im really good at fighting some Pixels too xD
Manji

Post by Manji »

hey Warp and Jerry, i sent friend requests to the both of you on PSN. :)

my name is different on PSN than it is here.

i've been making purchases from the Playstation Store. i bought Call of Duty classic which has an online mode! i've been playing a lot of that this weekend along with Socom and some SFIV. i also bought Castlevania Chronicles, Fighting Force, Final Fantasy VII & Suikoden from the PSOne classics and downloaded some PS3 demos.

oh and if you guys want to play SFIV, just send me a message or an invitation and i'm up for a game (or i can always send the invite too). i haven't unlocked any characters yet though, so i'm only able to pick from the characters available from the beginning. mainly i like to use Ryu, Sagat & Blanka for now. although i'll pick up and play just about everybody else for fun even if i'm not very good with them.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Manji wrote:i also bought Castlevania Chronicles, Fighting Force, Final Fantasy VII & Suikoden from the PSOne classics and downloaded some PS3 demos.
Mmm, some good choices. I wish I was more into Castlevania, but oh well. I remember playing Fighting Force with a friend years ago, and I love FF7. I've never played Suikoden, though... wondering how that is.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

So, what did I buy today?
A FUCKING NEW SEGA MEGA DRIVE MODEL 1!!!! WOHOOOOOO!!!!11!!
Manji

Post by Manji »

nice, the model 1 is a slick looking machine.
JerryTerrifying

I like the way the original Mega Drive looks. Always classes up a room. :D

I guess I'll have to go out of my way and find a copy of SFIV now. :D Next time I get on the old ps3...probably late tonight or early tomorrow I'll be sure to accept your invite and to add Warp.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I think that the first model Genesis is okay-looking, and I like the idea (although not the execution) of the earphone port (I wish the system would output stereo through the back port as well). I also like the audio mixing circuitry in the first model.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Well, I never had a Model 1 (only a model 2...) so I picked this one up. All I have to do now is wait, wait and wait ;D
grolt

Post by grolt »

I've been buying a lot of random stuff to start filling in the holes in my collection. Bought some complete 32X games like After Burner, Supreme Warrior and WWF Raw. Bought a whole bunch of complete SEGA Mark III and SG-1000 games. I'm really excited to give Zaxxon a spin on the good old SG-1000. I love that little system. What else? Oh yeah, I bought a nice lot with a bunch of awesome Sega CD games on the cheap, including mint and complete copies of Shining Force CD, Vay, Dark Wizard and Monkey Island. Score!
That's fly.
JerryTerrifying

Got my AR Max in yesterday. So as soon as I get ahold of this dude I'm going to soft mod my Xbox.

Also I went out on a run last night and some one had a PC out in the trash. I brought it in and let it warm up and dry out and dew that might be in there and fired it up. Everything seems to work.

There's no CD/DVD drive and no where for me to mount one inside. Lame.
There's no USB ports.
It's got a Pentium III processor
But it has 768mb of ram. Which sucks my PC's only got 512 lol.
And it has a 40gb HDD

So there's not much I can do with it. But it does work and I did some light internetting on it. There's a bunch of pictures of some lady that lives on my street. And her resume and some other lame crap that isn't interesting.

I can't really think of anything to do with it. It'd be a pain taking the HDD out...like I'd have to drill through part of the case to unscrew the HDD. Not that I would want that HDD it's probably pretty ancient.