What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Yeah I agree there is something special about collecting for the Saturn. I think its that its such a high quality system, affordable and very obscure for a major console. I love how cutting edge it was with an officially supported modem and the video cd card. Theres even a saturn with GPS capability...the only home console with that feature.
Game collection on my site.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

I just bought a new video capture card ;D (Time for some Mega Drive gameplay xD)
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Isaac [GER] wrote:I just bought a new video capture card ;D (Time for some Mega Drive gameplay xD)
I just borrow my father's video camera and plug it into the line in on the side. Eventually I'll get my own capture card.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Im telling ya guys, the DVD burner method is the best. Takes a bit more work but worth it!
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Yeah I use a DVDr and love it. I've got all my systems that use Composite routed through my DVDr so all I have to do is turn it on and hit record. Very conveniant.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Well I dont got a DVD recorder xD
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Zleaze

Post by Zleaze »

Started working on my Saturn collection again and this arrived today

Boxed RG-VC3, Some PAL games(A+M+O+K, King of fighters ´95 w.RAM and two EA sport games) and a boxed JAP Dreamcast.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Nice. There are a couple of times I've been tempted to grab a Sakura Taisen Dreamcast from Japan, but I haven't done it yet. They're expensive.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Peter

Post by Peter »

I did not buy this but I have to share: messing around on eBay just now and saw a Genesis Castlevania, but the poster misspelt it as Cattle Vania. :shock: :D

Ah ha ha ha ha ach... cough... OK I'll be good now.
EliteKiller234

Post by EliteKiller234 »

Warp2063 wrote:Nice. There are a couple of times I've been tempted to grab a Sakura Taisen Dreamcast from Japan, but I haven't done it yet. They're expensive.
Sakura Taisen looks amazing! I wish I had time for tactical games... :x

Today I bought Lunar: Silver Star Story for the Sega Saturn.
A true gamer plays all!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

EliteKiller234 wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:Nice. There are a couple of times I've been tempted to grab a Sakura Taisen Dreamcast from Japan, but I haven't done it yet. They're expensive.
Sakura Taisen looks amazing! I wish I had time for tactical games... :x

Today I bought Lunar: Silver Star Story for the Sega Saturn.
I have the Japanese version of that. I'm thinking about picking up the Complete version, as well as Lunar II and its Complete version. Also, the PSP re-release, Silver Star Harmony. Possibly the US Saturn versions. I already own the US versions of both Lunar games for the Sega CD.
EliteKiller234

Post by EliteKiller234 »

Warp2063 wrote:I have the Japanese version of that. I'm thinking about picking up the Complete version, as well as Lunar II and its Complete version. Also, the PSP re-release, Silver Star Harmony. Possibly the US Saturn versions. I already own the US versions of both Lunar games for the Sega CD.
Nice! I would love to have the whole collection! It just that the, Completes are expensive... :cry:

I can't wait for the release of Harmony! Order myself a limit edition! :wink:
A true gamer plays all!
JerryTerrifying

Just got Iron Soldier for the Jaguar in today. Got it for like $12 shipped and it was a complete sealed copy. So it was cool getting the experience of opening a fresh new Jaguar game. And I'm actually enjoying the game! So that brings my Jag collection up to two games.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Well, I didn't buy anything new, but I did recompile my master games list. I'd neglected it for almost two years. Now it should be mostly accurate.

I'm not sure if my collection has grown or shrunk since then. I traded quite a few of my PS2, GameCube and Xbox games, along with a fair number of my handheld ones, but also gained quite a few SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X Saturn, Dreamcast, PS3, Wii, 360 and 3D0 games.

I find it funny that my Saturn collection is one larger than either my SNES/SFC collection or my Dreamcast collection, and five smaller than my Genesis collection (not counting Sega CD or 32X games). That's counting the number of unique titles, not the number of copies of certain games that I have (Especially you, Sonic the Hedgehog 2). SNES/SFC would have tied Saturn, if not for the fact that I sold my copy of Zombies Ate My Neighbors to a co-worker who really wanted it.
JerryTerrifying

Do you have your collection list posted online anywhere?