What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Isaac [GER] wrote:I just downloaded the Prefect Dark Remake from the XBLA marketplace. Its soooo awesome! 8 player online multiplayer! Improved graphics! Full 60fps! (never play 4p matches on N64, you´ll know why) but still no lipsync :D

Even achievements are included!
I downloaded the demo. It was pretty cool, but still confusing. Unfortunately, at this point, I really don't like to dump money into my 360 anymore. I'm too worried that it will up and die on me again. That, and DLC still bothers me.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Well I recently bought a new 360 arcade because my old one died (damn you RROD). So now I got a new xbox with a "tiny" 20Gb HDD ;D

About that DLC thingy: I do agree warp. I dont like developers who just sell deleted scenes as a DLC or put the DLC data on the disc and make you buy the "unlock" code.
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Mytho

Post by Mytho »

Manji wrote:it came with this card with sonic on it saying something like "remember kids, its not cool to fight!" it's the kind of cheesy stuff i like when video game mascots do it. brings me back in time!
Would it be possible for you to scan this card? I'm a sucker for corny things like that. :lol:
Manji

Post by Manji »

Mytho wrote:
Manji wrote:it came with this card with sonic on it saying something like "remember kids, its not cool to fight!" it's the kind of cheesy stuff i like when video game mascots do it. brings me back in time!
Would it be possible for you to scan this card? I'm a sucker for corny things like that. :lol:
sure man. i dont have a scanner but i took some close-up pictures. it has two sides, front and back.

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Awesome. :D
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Mytho

Post by Mytho »

Hahaha :lol:

That was good for a few laughs. Thanks Manji!
Manji

Post by Manji »

yea it is funny...

can i take a guy named Knuckles seriously when he says, choose to split? :roll:
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Manji wrote:yea it is funny...

can i take a guy named Knuckles seriously when he says, choose to split? :roll:
Well, you can see that the words were quite literally put in his mouth. =P
Manji

Post by Manji »

maybe Knuckles is meaning to say "choose to split" as in, split them in half so they dont get back up.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

HA that is awesome.

Hey any of you have Magic Knight Ray Earth?

I heard, and you guys may know better, but there are variant disc covers. The one I might acquire supposedly has a rare variant. But they could be BSing. I also dont care what the disc looks like
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Manji

Post by Manji »

yea Magic Knight Rayearth has 3 disc cover variants. the 3 main characters, Umi, Fuu and Hikaru. Umi is the blue haired one, Fuu is the blond and wearing glasses, Hikaru is the red-haired one.

i like Hikaru disc cover best, but i have the one with Fuu. i dont know which one is rarest or if they had different amount of prints for each one, but they all seem to come around fairly often anyways, so i think they are about equal.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I didn't want to spend the money on the US releases, especially since I'd want all of the different discs. Instead, I got the Japanese one, complete with box and mini-artbook/character guide. The disk has Mokona in four different poses on it.

Sadly, I've never really gotten into this series despite the fact that I love the theme songs, own one of the games, own what I believe to be the whole manga (or at least one of the collections), have a variety of the episodes downloaded, and have played a little of one of the Game Gear titles. I'm hoping that reading the manga will push me to finally play the game.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Im not really into any of the series or back stories to the RPGs that come out but like to get all the Saturn ones to play them at some point. Thanks for the tip Manji, I think the one I might get has Fuu on the cover.

I was searching on Ebay and saw (link below) this Magic Knight Rayearth Game Gear go for 250. Japan just has all the cool stuff most of the time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-GAME-GEAR-MAGI ... 335b5da026

I might be going to Tokyo late this year, Ill have to make sure to hit some game stores.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I got Ninja Combat for the AES, Tiger Heli and Gyromite for the NES.

I only picked up Gyromite hoping it had a Famicom converter inside...it didn't Lame. Apparently some of the very early NES games were just the Famicom version stuck in a converter stuffed in an NES cart. So you can take out the converter and use it for fami carts!

I also picked up a DS phat for $20. The top screen's pretty busted but all I need it for is juggling Pokemons across my games. So if I ever come across a replacement screen or busted DS I'll be sure to repair it.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:Im not really into any of the series or back stories to the RPGs that come out but like to get all the Saturn ones to play them at some point. Thanks for the tip Manji, I think the one I might get has Fuu on the cover.

I was searching on Ebay and saw (link below) this Magic Knight Rayearth Game Gear go for 250. Japan just has all the cool stuff most of the time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-GAME-GEAR-MAGI ... 335b5da026

I might be going to Tokyo late this year, Ill have to make sure to hit some game stores.
I think I'd been watching that system for a while. I decided against it, cool as it might be, because of the cost. A US Game Gear will play the standard version just as well. I'm not as much of a collector as I used to be.

There's a slim chance that I'll be going to Japan later this year, too. I have a friend who has gone a number of times, and has offered to let me come too.

As for back stories, I don't necessarily go out of my way to learn them, either. I was curious about the anime long before I was aware of any Rayearth games or the manga. For a long time it's been on my list to check out - I've just never gotten around to it.