What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
shinoco

Post by shinoco »

Recently I bought Ghost Pilots Neo Geo AES, an Imac G5 2.0ghz, Columns Arcade Collection, Space Harrier for Saturn, Daytona USA for Saturn, and a Netlink.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I didn't know the G5's got up into those speeds. Nice. Too bad they won't run 10.6.

I should pick up a copy of the regular Daytona myself, one of these days.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

I bought Fallout 3 GOTY and Shinobi + Master System Converter (for MD)
Only 35€! Lucky me ;D
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Isaac [GER] wrote:I bought Fallout 3 GOTY and Shinobi + Master System Converter (for MD)
Only 35€! Lucky me ;D
Fallout 3 GOTY for the Mega Drive?! And for less than 35€?! That's amazing! You should sell it... it'd probably go for a ton! =P
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
gbgambino

Post by gbgambino »

just got marvel vs street fighter and guardian heroes. got em cheap from Sega Saturn Resurrection
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Well, that would be awesome Warp xD
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Picked up Ghostbusters for the ps3 a little while ago. WOW this games been a lot of fun. I really like how the Ghostbusters treat the character you play. Good times.

Got Resident Evil 5 in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to trying that one out.
Game collection on my site.
drifter198807

Post by drifter198807 »

I got tekken 6 for my ps3 and was really let down with the story mode, but it has a decent arcade mode and still has eddy gordo so i can still have a decent time with it. i also got brutal legend, which in my mind is pretty bad ass since i lean towards metal music.

As for retro stuff i think i'm cleaning out ebay. I got a sega sports black edition dreamcast with controller, VMU, rumble pack, NFL 2k and 2k1 for a little over 30.00. i also got for the dreamcast virtua fighter 3tb, soul calibur, starlancer, and gundam side story: 0079. I also got my saturn with an s-video cable and panzer dragoon, and duke nukem 3d (seperate) which i just got the other day. oh, and a gamegear packaged with sonic 1.

perhaps a little too much? haha
many call me wierd, some say odd, i say eccentric, lol
Manji

Post by Manji »

yea i also picked up an s-video cable for my saturn (got it in the mail today!). i've been really wanting to get one for a long time now.
shinoco

Post by shinoco »

I bought Street Fighter Zero 3 and Vampire Savior for Sega Saturn. I have previously owned both of these, I actually had SFZ3 the month it was released in 1999, it was amazing at the time, this will be my 2nd time with both of them.

Sometimes I get low on money and sell certain things, like with the Neo Geo I just sold, I actually plan on buying a consolized MVS which is the arcade board with jacks soldered on so you can play the arcade versions on your TV.
JerryTerrifying

I'm waiting for a Dreamcast VMU to show up in the mail. I'm running out of memory. I need to buy up a million of those things.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I mass-bought VMUs from Play-Asia a few years back. I also picked up both an official and a third-party large memory unit with four slots each, but no screen. I use the VMU for everything that I need the screen for, and the large-capacity official unit for everything else. You'll want a ton of CR2032 batteries if you want to use all of the VMU features.
JerryTerrifying

Yeah I wish the Dreamcast held on a little longer and the Zip drive came out. That would have solved the memory needs nicely.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't think that the Zip disk solution would have worked. I have never owned a Zip disk that didn't go corrupt and lose all my data. And I've owned three or four.
JerryTerrifying

The VMU showed up boxed and complete. Even has the CR2032s and the little plastic pull tab to keep them fresh. I haven't pulled the tab yet to see if they're fresh. I've never had an interest in the extra VMU features so I don't really care...but it'd be nice if they were still good.

One of my subscribers/podcast listeners sent me some extra stuff he had lying around. An extra Genesis AC adapter, which I've got way more Genesis than AC adapters so that's cool. Also the main thing he sent was a Neo Geo CD controller! Woo! I've been looking for one but they usually go for like $50+ on ebay which is way out of my price range. So it's really cool to get one for free and out of no where. Now I'll be able to play some Neo Geo games against my friends! Sweet!

Also I just do better with a controller than an arcade stick.