What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Sonic Jam is a lot of fun; I can attest to that. :D I beat all the missions in the 3D Sonic World area.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

Oh I do love the music grolt! It has one of the best sund tracks of any Saturn game!
grolt

Post by grolt »

dbdrummer88 wrote:Oh I do love the music grolt! It has one of the best sund tracks of any Saturn game!
It is just so amazingly cheery and new wave I am always just amazed they do it all with a straight face. I never thought I'd still have "Can you feel the sunshine!" stuck in my head after all these years!
That's fly.
Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

Yesterday I met a guy that was wanting to sell me a bunch of N64 stuff for real cheap. I went over to his place and ended up scoring some Saturn stuff as well. I got:

Street Fighter Alpha 2
X-Men: Children of the Atom
Marvel Super Heroes

All 3 were MINT and complete (Even had the original foam blocks) for $15.00!!! I can't stop playng X-men. I forgot how much fun that game was!!! :D
I own: Saturn Bomberman, Duke Nukem, Sega Rally and Virtual On.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Cool!

Tthe Saturn is supreme in 2D fighting games!
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I'm picking up the official Magic Knight Rayearth strategy guide (for the Japanese version of the game) and I managed to put a successful bid down on another Netlink bundle! (I bid on it mainly for the keyboard adapter and mouse, but getting another Netlink and browser disc out of it is a good thing, too!)
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Manji

Post by Manji »

gotta love those japanese guides. high quality, glossy paper, artwork and everything. it could be for the most obscure game in the world but the japanese book publishers know how to take care of things.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I finally received the mouse, keyboard adapter, and Netlink that I ordered - exactly three weeks after I paid for them. I had to send him a message on the 20th (11 days of waiting) asking if he'd sent it or not, and he claimed that the winter weather had really messed things up in Arkansas (I'm not sure I believe that). He also claimed that it would arrive in 2-3 days, but it wasn't even postmarked until three days later. They also smell pretty strongly of cigarette smoke...

However, I tested them out, and they work great! And even though they were all shoved together in a bubble envelope with no other protection, everything came out mostly unscathed. Unfortunately, I only seem to have one keyboard left that will work with the keyboard adapter - and that's the one I already have to swap between three computers and a Nintendo Wii. >.<

I've scrubbed them a lot since they got here, and the smell of cigarettes is receding, but it's still not pleasant. I can't figure out what kind of feedback I should leave this guy. I'm pretty happy with what I got (minus the cigarette smoke smell), but I'm not happy with how long it took and how he never contacted me at all until I sent a message to him.
Manji

Post by Manji »

in a situation like that, i would give neutral feedback. not deserving of positive for the trouble and time it took plus the smell and poor packaging it sounds like, but not deserving of a negative because you did get your stuff and it works fine which is probably the most important thing.
maniac35

Post by maniac35 »

2 weeks ago , i bought a lot of 30 japanese games on ebay including Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG, Saturn Bomberman, Lunar Silver Star Story, Super Robot Wars , Fighters Megamix, Dragon Force, Dead Or Alive, Eberouge, Sword & Sorcery, etc. and got this for only 45$! quite impressive. i should get them within a few weeks. it is not unusual that the shipping takes a few weeks since most items i buy on ebay comes in after about 2/3 weeks. most of the times , those delays are due to the postal services or customs and are not the sellers fault.
Manji

Post by Manji »

i wish u.s. games were that cheap :? . i also wish the lunar games would've got a u.s. release on saturn.

today i got Loaded! a mostly mindless, repetitive, violent shooting game that i love for some reason. the music is cool and my favorite characters are Fwank and Cap 'n' Hands. i think anyone who's played Loaded would agree Cap 'n' Hands is the best character to use since he has two revolvers when everyone else only has one gun and sometimes it's hard to angle your shots right.
Manji

Post by Manji »

whoo hoo! i got Shining the Holy Ark yesterday and played it for a little over an hour. i can tell it's going to be a great game!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

It's one of the ones I'm looking into. :D
Xband411

Post by Xband411 »

I need to locate my old neighbors and see if they still have their Saturn. I love playing Myst on it, but Street Fighter II: The Movie wasn't the best fighting game. :P
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I've always wondered how Myst turned out on the Saturn. The only other console version of a Myst-series game I've played was Myst 4: Revelation on the original Xbox. It worked well, but the loading it took to go from one place to another or click on anything was REALLY irritating. It just took too long to do anything. I much prefer the PC versions.