What did you buy today?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Manji

What did you buy today?

Post by Manji »

well, last weekend, i got a great deal and finally bought my very first sega saturn. naturally, i was incredibly excited. it came with 12 games and everything is in excellent conditions.

so anyways, i've been liberated and given the chance to build my game collection for the saturn. i thought a thread where anyone can post what they've recently bought or ordered would be nice to read, so i will begin!

today i ordered:

-4M Action Replay
-Terra Phantastica
-Samurai Spirits RPG

from what i've been told, the AR is a necessity if someone wants to play imports. Terra Phantastica looked like a nice RPG i've never heard of and i've always wanted to play SSRPG! Anyone else bought something new for their sega saturn in recent days or weeks?
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Well... I recently bought two more US Saturns, both Model 2 64-pin units in very good to excellent condition, bringing my total number of Saturns to three. >_>

The third Saturn was kind of a mistake/whim thing. I shouldn't have ordered the second Saturn, just the third one, but I was too hasty with the eBay auctions. Meh, now I have spares in case something goes wrong.

Also, my AR4M is finally coming in handy for games from other regions.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Manji

Post by Manji »

Warp2063 wrote:Well... I recently bought two more US Saturns, both Model 2 64-pin units in very good to excellent condition, bringing my total number of Saturns to three. >_>

The third Saturn was kind of a mistake/whim thing. I shouldn't have ordered the second Saturn, just the third one, but I was too hasty with the eBay auctions. Meh, now I have spares in case something goes wrong.

Also, my AR4M is finally coming in handy for games from other regions.
wow, three saturns :shock:, nice. i'm waiting for my AR to arrive.

today i traded in a few of the saturn games that came with the 12 game bundle i bought and got a new copy of Resident Evil ($30). my very first new saturn game i've ever opened. the disc was really tough to get out since it's been sitting in the case for about 10 years now.

i also got a new import copy of Shining Wisdom($10). i hope i can play the game without too much knowledge of the Japanese language (i can at least read katakana).
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Manji wrote:i also got a new import copy of Shining Wisdom($10). i hope i can play the game without too much knowledge of the Japanese language (i can at least read katakana).
I can read most of the katakana as well, plus maybe a third of the hiragana and maybe 4 kanji from memory. =P

I need to get ahold of more RPG's or fun games for the Saturn... my Saturns aren't getting as much use as I'd like. I mostly only have Netlink games at the moment, and most of those don't appeal to me very much.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Manji

Post by Manji »

i bought tomb raider yesterday ($8!), i love the original.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Manji wrote:i bought tomb raider yesterday ($8!), i love the original.
Yeah, I don't care for any of the sequels at all, but the original has a great sense of atmosphere. I still get freaked out a little bit from that first level when that bear comes out of nowhere. Lots of great exploration and puzzle solving, too. It, along with Resident Evil, really made all the quiet in exploring suddenly so interesting. It was a great time for the adventure genre.
That's fly.
Manji

Post by Manji »

i totally agree. tomb raider 1 is my favourite.

i ordered assault suits leynos 2 yesterday. looks like an awesome game. can't wait to play it.
dbdrummer88

what i just got

Post by dbdrummer88 »

i just got sonic r! :) im super excited
Manji

Post by Manji »

bought albert odyssey. disc only, $19. disc is in good condition though.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Well, it wasn't today, but I bought a Sega Genesis with Sega CD and 32X... and it came with around 30 games. I am currently playing that.
dbdrummer88

Post by dbdrummer88 »

Thats a great all-in-one system Warp2063, i have the same thing and am working on getting more games for th 32x and sega cd :)
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

Like 2 weeks ago I picked up a model 1 sega CD that works with a box and manual for 25 bucks....I was pumped.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Nice! I'd love to have the boxes for the old systems I buy... but it's not a deal-breaker if I can't get them when I buy the system... and also I can't store too many more system boxes; I just don't have space unless I collapse them, and then I have to find a place for the packing materials from inside.
HoboJoe

Post by HoboJoe »

I know what you mean, trust me, I'm in a dorm room =P
But the box just makes the deal seem so much better for some reaso, just makes it seem like you're buying it back int he glory days.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Agreed. But I still don't have space. :(

My Dreamcast came with the original box. I was so happy... until I found that the shipper taped bubble wrap directly to it. >.<