Saturn shopping, good day

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Scooter

Saturn shopping, good day

Post by Scooter »

I had to go to Omaha today which is about 40-50 miles from home just outside of Lincoln (Nebraska). Since I don't get there too often I planned some time to hit the local used game stores. The trip was productive.

I also got a copy of Virtua Tennis for my DC and a guide book for Splinter Cell. There are a few more gems out there I didn't get.....today at least.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Hmmm... Shining Wisdom looks like a good time. I may have to look into that...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The only reviews I can find of Shining Wisdom aren't very glowing, but I figure it is a Working Designs game so it can't be half bad. I fired it up and the graphics look outstanding.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Three good games, how much did you drop on all of them? I'd love to be able to find Saturn games in the wild. I've never been lucky, though.
That's fly.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

grolt wrote:Three good games, how much did you drop on all of them? I'd love to be able to find Saturn games in the wild. I've never been lucky, though.
Grolt no good game stores in Flames land? Maybe Iginla bought em all up!

Kidding aside Ive only found a few cool saturn games in the wild. Its more fun than buying on ebay too.

I have a few local shops. I get stuff at fair prices most of the time bbut did get Daytona Netlink for 5 and Resident Evil for 5 from this one shop.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
grolt

Post by grolt »

xDerekRx wrote:
grolt wrote:Three good games, how much did you drop on all of them? I'd love to be able to find Saturn games in the wild. I've never been lucky, though.
Grolt no good game stores in Flames land? Maybe Iginla bought em all up!

Kidding aside Ive only found a few cool saturn games in the wild. Its more fun than buying on ebay too.

I have a few local shops. I get stuff at fair prices most of the time bbut did get Daytona Netlink for 5 and Resident Evil for 5 from this one shop.
Daytona NetLink? Dude, don't even kid about that...
That's fly.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

grolt wrote:Daytona NetLink? Dude, don't even kid about that...
But as the story goes, that was years ago, and someone offered him quite a sum for it. At the time, he didn't think he'd end up caring about it later, so he went ahead and sold it. :(

Hindsight...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Warp2063 wrote:
But as the story goes, that was years ago, and someone offered him quite a sum for it. At the time, he didn't think he'd end up caring about it later, so he went ahead and sold it. :(

Hindsight...
Breaks my heart. Almost as much as my being 6 hours away from winning an eBay lot with the game and manual nonchalantly thrown in without any fanfare. Of course, someone sounded the alarms when they made an offer outside eBay and bam, that was the end of my hopes and dreams.
That's fly.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

grolt wrote:
Warp2063 wrote:

Hindsight...
Breaks my heart. Almost as much as my being 6 hours away from winning an eBay lot with the game and manual nonchalantly thrown in without any fanfare. Of course, someone sounded the alarms when they made an offer outside eBay and bam, that was the end of my hopes and dreams.
Yes Grolt I admit I found the game at a local gameshop for 5.

The condition was quite poor and tattered but it was the game.

Some guy on Digitpress offered me 240$. Im not even kidding you. I just couldnt say no.

I figured. With that money I could finally buy games like Shining Force and House of the Dead and so on that I always wanted for Saturn. when you think about it, when was I ever going to use the online Daytona... Ha until now. Like Warp said "hindsight".

But in all honesty, I guess I should have kept it for collection purposes, but Im still glad I sold it. 240$ I couldnt pass up and I made a nice collection out of it.

However if I ever found it again Id keep it for sure.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

If I remember correctly, $30 for all three. That's $20 for SW and $5 each for the other two.
Daytona CCD: NetLink Edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On: NetLink Edition
Sega Rally Championship: NetLink Edition