My Saturn game collection

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Scooter

My Saturn game collection

Post by Scooter »

I was trying to organize my game collection today and get things out of boxes and out into the open for display and easy access. Here is the Saturn portion of my collection.

If you want to see some of the rest of my collection not including my PSP, Game Gear, SMS and 32X games, browse around here:

http://heartland.chevelles.net/games/
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Very nice. I'm still working on a better organizational system for my games. Right now I have a rudimentary shelving system formed out of duct tape and cardboard... I've seen people do incredible things with cardboard, but my creation is purely functional... aesthetics not included. =P
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Manji

Post by Manji »

nice collection. mine pales in comparison but i'm still quite happy with it so far.

i like all the sega games you have around. there's some great genesis and sega cd games in there.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I hope to get my 32X and SMS games out on display as well soon.
Daytona CCD: NetLink Edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On: NetLink Edition
Sega Rally Championship: NetLink Edition
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Very nice collection Scooter. Im currently working on mine.

Just bought House of the Dead on Ebay last week for 60. Pretty much around the going rate but when I got the game in i couldnt believe the condition. Gem Mint. nothing had ever been taken out. The guy even said he just took the plastic wrap off by accident and I believe him.

But I still need Panzer Saga to get all the really expensive games out of the way. Tax return was nice this year so maybe when that comes in.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I just got Snatcher and Policenauts in the mail today.

Mmmm, Kojima games... =3
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Nice pickups.

Im starting to develop a pet peeve with my Saturn games, which could extend to you Sega CD collectors too. When the Manual bows into the middle of the case a little when looking at the game from the front, it irks me a tad. I have a few games that do. But I also have some games where the manual was clearly never taken out of the case and it lays so flat, youd think its glued flat to the plastic case.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

If some of your games are lacking the little foam brick, wad up a bit of tissue to lie in it's place. This will help keep those manuals flat against the case and will discourace the bowing effect. This is especially important if you store the games flat instead of standing up on edge.
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Nice tip. All of my long case releases are already standing upright. My jewel case releases are at various angles, though.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The bowing can still occur when they are standing up, just to a lesser degree. I have foam bricks or tissue in all my game boxes regardless.
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I was actually going to ask, what is the best way to keep the manuals from bowing?

So standing them up and having the foam piece will do it?

I wondering because my house of the dead i bought is the best ive ever seen a manual, not even a hinto of bowing on the front page, but at the same time I assume the game has been sitting around someones house for 10+ years so they must have done something right. Now I realize the foam piece. Most of my games to have it but ones that dont I will try and add what you mentioned.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

xDerekRx wrote:I was actually going to ask, what is the best way to keep the manuals from bowing?

So standing them up and having the foam piece will do it?

I wondering because my house of the dead i bought is the best ive ever seen a manual, not even a hinto of bowing on the front page, but at the same time I assume the game has been sitting around someones house for 10+ years so they must have done something right. Now I realize the foam piece. Most of my games to have it but ones that dont I will try and add what you mentioned.
A small wad of tissue is all you need. You don't want so much that the case is hard to close or this might put pressure on the disc and potentially could warp it. A really great solution would be to carve out more little foam bricks out of a larger piece of foam, but I've never found this easy to do. I do know Sega stopped including the foam brick in some later issue Sega CD and Saturn games. Probably were trying to maximize the profits on a declining system.
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Manji

Post by Manji »

i'm using a piece of bubble wrap for the inside one of my games and it seems to help. i dont like the bowing on the instruction booklets either. i keep my game cases standing on their side or lay the front side flat to keep things from getting worse if that's possible.

you know what else i noticed? sega released the manion of hidden souls on sega cd and sega saturn. i guess since it's a full motion video type of game, they wanted to show off some graphical capabilities for both systems. or maybe it was popularized by similar games like D or Myst.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Manji wrote: you know what else i noticed? sega released the manion of hidden souls on sega cd and sega saturn. i guess since it's a full motion video type of game, they wanted to show off some graphical capabilities for both systems. or maybe it was popularized by similar games like D or Myst.
As you can see from my photos I have both editions. They are basically the same game/same storyline with a few different twists but with the Saturn version having more detailed graphics.
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Unlike most of you guys I dont do the Sega CD era. Although I do own one and 4-5 games. I have Ecco, Ground Zero, Johnny Rock, and I had to get Jurassic Park (big fan, Ill buy any JP game)