Is this the RAREST Saturn System released in the U.S.?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Scott42444

Is this the RAREST Saturn System released in the U.S.?

Post by Scott42444 »

Hi guys, I am new to this site, but I happen to have 2 Sega Saturn systems with the NetLink connector. I have been unable to find any other of the Sega Saturn NetLink Bundles out there. It came with the Saturn (and all the hookups), NetLink, Saturn Keyboard, Controller, and Sega Rally Championship, Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2, and Daytona USA. I have pictures on my Flickr account Scott42444 and I'll try to post here. Just wondering how much this might be worth. It's used and has all the original manuals, packaging, and box. The original price tag of $449.99 is still on the box. I see that this board lists it as an "Internet Solution" package, but I don't see any of them for sale anywhere.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35848307@N03/
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Probably at this point, most of those bundles have been broken up for parts.

I remember hearing about those, but I think I also remember hearing that they weren't all that popular when they came out. I don't know what one would be worth now. Depends on how badly someone would want a bundle like that, I guess. The individual parts aren't terribly expensive, so I don't know what the whole set is worth.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Hey Scott thats a cool bundle. It gets you all you need for Netlinking. You should hook it up and play with us! :)

I remember seeing that when I was younger. Way to expensive at the time.

Are you interested in selling it. Im more interested in buying it for the box alone, it looks cool on my shelf :)

But my question is, is it the Daytona USA Netlink edition? check for the Netlink logo on the discart.
Manji

Post by Manji »

i guess it is pretty rare. i've never seen it before.
Scott42444

Like I said, I have 2 Saturns

Post by Scott42444 »

I have a second Saturn with a NetLink. I don't have the keyboard connector for it though. I am really interested in playing some Sega Rally online against some people, but I feel that taking this system out and playing it is pretty silly if it's that rare. There has to be a collector out there who wants a hard to find system. I don't think I have seen a 1st party Sega Saturn keyboard anywhere. I bought this a couple of years ago with my tax refund check for about $150.00 (with shipping on ebay) and I think I got a heck of a steal. I really want to get money to put towards an XBOX 360 Elite. FYE (For Your Entertainment) has a $150.00 mail in rebate if you buy the $399.00 XBOX 360 Elite right now. That's an incredible deal. I don't know if the games are NetLink edition games (Sega Rally), I would hope that it is. But, it doesn't say so on the box. I don't want to open up the sleeve that the game is in. Well, if anyone is interested in owning this, give me an offer.

Thanks,
Scott42444@gmail.com
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Well, to be honest i dont think its worth more than 100$ unless Daytona is netlink edition
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

You might be able to get more for it because it's a boxed set, but as we said, most of the individual pieces are pretty common and not that expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if you'd get more by selling the parts individually instead of selling the whole thing as a bundle. Put out some feelers and see if anyone's interested in buying it for a good sum, and compare that to what you might get for selling the pieces. Since bundles like this aren't terribly common anymore, it's hard to get a price to compare it to.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I might personally be interested in buying it but I've no idea what it's worth. What would you be willing to sell it for? PM me if you'd prefer.
Daytona CCD: NetLink Edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On: NetLink Edition
Sega Rally Championship: NetLink Edition
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I am actually interested as well. You said you had 2? I guess let us know your price.
grolt

Post by grolt »

This is definitely an uncommon system, but there isn't much demand for it, so really, anything over $100 is too much. There have been mint and sealed copies of this same package that haven't even sold for the $125 Buy it Now. Honestly, I'd say something like $80 plus shipping would be a reasonable price.

I don't actually own this system yet, but I do have all the parts, including the keyboard, separate. My gripe with the keyboard - okay, it says SEGA's name on it, but considering it was made for the Saturn, you'd think they'd make it with a connector that would fit the controller port. Instead, it's just a generic computer keyboard that needs to plug into the included keyboard adapter. Lame!
That's fly.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

grolt wrote:My gripe with the keyboard - okay, it says SEGA's name on it, but considering it was made for the Saturn, you'd think they'd make it with a connector that would fit the controller port. Instead, it's just a generic computer keyboard that needs to plug into the included keyboard adapter. Lame!
Wow. I didn't know. I totally agree with you there - I had already decided not to get it because I have too many peripherals lying around, and I was just fine with using my other keyboards... but yeah, that's kind of a deal breaker for me.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Hey Grolt. Do you have Netlink set up? You must play =)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
grolt

Post by grolt »

xDerekRx wrote:Hey Grolt. Do you have Netlink set up? You must play =)
If you want to call me up in Canada then we've definitely got a game.
That's fly.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

grolt wrote:
xDerekRx wrote:Hey Grolt. Do you have Netlink set up? You must play =)
If you want to call me up in Canada then we've definitely got a game.
Ill have to check out the rate to Canada before hand.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!