Any good PAL only games?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
xDerekRx

Any good PAL only games?

Post by xDerekRx »

Heading to Europe for 10 days. I scouted out some game stores near the hotels. was wondering if there were any PAL ONLY Saturn games released? IF so any good ones? Any Shenmue 2 PAL only DC type games?
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I wonder if I should hunt down a DC Shenmue II... I already own the Xbox version, though...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Warp2063 wrote:I wonder if I should hunt down a DC Shenmue II... I already own the Xbox version, though...
They are affordable in a sense 30-50 range ive seen.

Its the format that the game was meant to be played. I still will never understand why they thought releasing it in PAL was smarter than in the US. It pissed me off cause I really wanted to play it when i had my DC
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
grolt

Post by grolt »

There are actually a bunch of solid Euro-only games that we somehow never got here in North America despite the fact that the Saturn performed a lot better here than there. Deep Fear is definitely the game to get, it's the Saturn-exclusive answer to Resident Evil. Hilarious voice acting but great gameplay. If you like racers Wipeout 2097 is a big exclusive, too. Swagman was a really cool action/puzzler from an isometric checkered perspective a la Sonic 3D Blast. There's the Warcraft-ish Z. There are a bunch more that I can't remember right now, but I'll look into it.

That Tim Curry game looks hilarious, that's one PAL game I'd definitely want to have.

Where in Europe are you heading?
That's fly.