Discworld Saturn?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
xDerekRx

Discworld Saturn?

Post by xDerekRx »

This is sorta to do with my PAL games thread but...

I read that Discworld 1 and 2 came out for Saturn PAL in the UK. did it ever get a US release?

The game seems kinda rare for PS1, was it any good? If its good it might be something worth importing.

I never really thought about UK releases that US might not have gotten until recently. At least these would use English as opposed to good Jap titles with lots of reading. Other than this game I noticed a Rugby game and Riven the Myst Sequel made it to UK but not here. Kinda surprised that didnt come over.

Also, GROLT you might laugh at this. They released a game called Frankenstein. It looks like a Myst type point and click FMV game. Tim Curry is the star and is on the cover, picture below.

Overall I saw only about 4-5 games Europe had that we didnt? Interesting though.

NOTE: These pix are from Ebay UK

Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Sweet. The Terry Pratchett Discworld series of books is awesome. His style of writing and comedy reminds me a lot of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide books. I wonder what the games are like.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Im heading over to Europe so Im going to look around for these 4 games. Ill buy you a disc world warp if its 10 bux :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:Im heading over to Europe so Im going to look around for these 4 games. Ill buy you a disc world warp if its 10 bux :)
Cool! :D
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Zleaze

Post by Zleaze »

Hello first post from me…
I can really recommend Discworld 1 and 2 since they are my absolute favourite games.
They where released in US or at least Discworld 2 was. It’s called “Discworld II: Mortality Bytes!” on the North American market.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Welcome to the forums!

Sweet! I did some preliminary browsing around for the Discworld games, but all I saw were Playstation and PC releases. I might have to get one of those if I can't find a Saturn version.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Discworld only got PSX release for home console. The Saturn version never came out over here. They are quite rare for PSX as well.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Some of them are reasonably priced on eBay.

And as for the European Saturn release... if all goes well with my region mod, that shouldn't be too much of a problem, unless the game is one of those ones that won't work well being boosted to 60 Hz...
Manji

Post by Manji »

not only discworld but discworld 2! european saturn fans got lucky 8)

i remember playing disworld on the original playstation. decent point and click graphical adventure and a good sense of humour.
phatgamer

Disc World 1 & 2

Post by phatgamer »

I have the PAL versions of these two games but haven't played them yet.

I hope to play them on my Saturn eventually.
PHATGAMER
DELETED

jeff11

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
phatgamer

SEGA SATURN PAL GAMES

Post by phatgamer »

I own about 30 of these PAL games. I got mainly the ones that weren't made for the USA market, so I would have more Sega Saturn Games to play.

I just retired and am starting for the first time to play my games; I was never able to play much before retiring. NO time.

A few of the PAL games I have are PARODIUS, DISCWORLD I and II, the PHOTO CD OPERATING SYSTEM, LEMMINGS, CHAOS CONTROL, KRAZY IVAN, MIGHTY HITS, FRANKENSTIEN THE MONSTER, JONAH LOMU RUGBY, SEA BASS FISHING AND KEIO FLYING SQUADRON 2 to name a few.

Can't wait to try 'em.

Currently I am playing QUEST 64 on the N64.

I am going to start one of these 3 next: FF One on PS ONE, Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast or Zelda I on the Gamecube.

Not sure yet.
PHATGAMER
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

^ I actually like Zelda II more so I'd recommend that. Final Fantasy Origins is also an awesome game. I played and beat FF1 on FF Origins and loved it. I haven't beaten the NES version yet.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

JerryTerrifying wrote:^ I actually like Zelda II more so I'd recommend that. Final Fantasy Origins is also an awesome game. I played and beat FF1 on FF Origins and loved it. I haven't beaten the NES version yet.
Origins was pretty good, but I prefer playing cartridge versions; the PS1 remakes of NES and SNES games had very frustrating loading times.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I never noticed the loading times myself. And I enjoyed the better translation for FF Origins.
Game collection on my site.