Discworld Saturn?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
phatgamer

Post by phatgamer »

Thanks very much for the info, GUYS......................
PHATGAMER
Manji

Post by Manji »

can you play pal games on a japanese or u.s. system with an action replay? or would the game try to play at 50hz or something that would keep things incompatible. i'd like to pick up discworld 1 or 2 sometime in the future.
phatgamer

import games

Post by phatgamer »

Hello, Manji,

I play many JAP and PAL games on my USA Saturn by using the ACTION REPLAY PLUS cartridge.

As you know, that cartridge stores many cheats, etc.

It doesn't work for ALL imports, for example, to play the JAP Version of Deep Fear, You need to use the ST KEY first, then insert the JAP DEEP FEAR game.

Whats cool about the JAP DEEP FEAR game is that most of the in-game text is English, like many JAP Fighting and Schmups games.

Have you seen it or played it, DF ? Pretty neat game.

I hope this helps you.

email me at ricdicdo@yahoo.com and we can talk more gaming. I will send you a few pics of my setup.
PHATGAMER
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Some PAL games I believe won't work correctly unless you change the video frequency. The region mod that I was working on does that.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
ameisenmann

Post by ameisenmann »

I bought Discworld 2 for Saturn when it came out because we enjoyed the first part on my brother's playstation so much.
I did not knew that Discworld was never released in the states for the saturn.

Fortunately the region + 50/60Hz mod is pretty simple for the saturn. I could find out if Discworld supports 60Hz. But I need to burn it first :P
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

ameisenmann wrote:I bought Discworld 2 for Saturn when it came out because we enjoyed the first part on my brother's playstation so much.
I did not knew that Discworld was never released in the states for the saturn.

Fortunately the region + 50/60Hz mod is pretty simple for the saturn. I could find out if Discworld supports 60Hz. But I need to burn it first :P
I want to give Discworld a try, too!
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
phatgamer

Saturn PAL games.

Post by phatgamer »

I am/was a console game and hardware collector.

My pride and joy is my Sega Saturn Collections. Part of it is my PAL Games.
I have about 30 of these.

Mainly I purchased the PAL games that didn't make it here to the U.S.

I have Disc World 1 & 2, Krazy Ivan, Chaos Control, Destruction Derby, Dragon Ball Z, Formula Karts, Frankenstien the Eyes of the Monster, Jonah Lomu Rugby, Parodius, Keio Flying Squadron 2, Mighty Hits, Photo CD Operating System, Lemmings 3D, Riven, Sea Bass Fishing, Street Racer, Tilt and Z the Bitmap Brothers, plus a few more that WERE published over here.

A few of the above stink, many are good, a few are great.

I got them to finish off my Saturn Collection. I own every USA Sega Saturn game except for 2 demos, which I have had trouble hunting down.

I also own over 50 Japanese Saturn Games, including Raidant Silver Gun.

And I own the LOST & FOUND SERIES produced by Oldergames.
PHATGAMER