What is your oldest Saturn game?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Manji

What is your oldest Saturn game?

Post by Manji »

..or the game you've had/held onto the longest. mine is Resident Evil and always will be since i have no plans to sell it :)
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Well, I don't know which one is chronologically the oldest... but the first one I ever owned was Sega Rally Championship: Netlink Edition. I've owned it for about a year now. =P
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
grolt

Post by grolt »

Could there be any other game? I bought the system with Virtua Fighter at launch, so that was my first game, and I'll always cherish it. The first thing I actually played, though, was the Choice Cuts sampler. What an awesome promo that was...it still gets me all pumped up for the system when that bald guy does his little ominous laugh.
That's fly.
Manji

Post by Manji »

so your Virtua Fighter game is about 14 years old. nice! older than some of my relatives.

warp's Sega Rally is just a baby still. so is my Resident Evil. i treat it like a baby too :lol:. i'm always very careful when removing a disc and if something happens like dropping a disc or anything else, i go into a slight shock :shock: . thankfully it doesnt happen often.
grolt

Post by grolt »

Manji wrote:so your Virtua Fighter game is about 14 years old. nice! older than some of my relatives.

warp's Sega Rally is just a baby still. so is my Resident Evil. i treat it like a baby too :lol:. i'm always very careful when removing a disc and if something happens like dropping a disc or anything else, i go into a slight shock :shock: . thankfully it doesnt happen often.
I found it very easy to care for regular Saturn games because the cases were so big it was nice and easy to pull out the discs (or place them back) without having to worry about rubbing on an edge or something like that. Games like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Enemy Zero would work me up a sweat though, because you had to slide the discs out of those sleeves. Always scary when replacing the game could cost $250!
That's fly.
Manji

Post by Manji »

grolt wrote:I found it very easy to care for regular Saturn games because the cases were so big it was nice and easy to pull out the discs (or place them back) without having to worry about rubbing on an edge or something like that. Games like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Enemy Zero would work me up a sweat though, because you had to slide the discs out of those sleeves. Always scary when replacing the game could cost $250!

yea good point. certain saturn games are expensive and i'd hate to scratch up one of those.

i've read that some people like to make back-up copies and play those instead of using the actual game in order to keep them in perfect shape. for me, i'd rather use the actual game though. i would however be extra cautious with something like PDS.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I think the game I've had the longest is D. I'm not entirely sure, I bought much of my stuff back in the day.
Daytona CCD: NetLink Edition
Duke Nukem 3D
Saturn Bomberman
Virtual On: NetLink Edition
Sega Rally Championship: NetLink Edition
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

When I first got my Sega Saturn my brother and I bought 3 games at the B2G1 sale Toys R Us was running. We got Sonic 3d Blast as a given. Then I got Area 51, he got Fighting Vipers.

So the longest two games Ive had , still intact, are Area 51 and Fighting Vipers.

Area 51 is still one of my all time favorites. It was so cool being able to bring home my favorite arcade game.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!