Daytona Netlink

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
xDerekRx

Daytona Netlink

Post by xDerekRx »

Ok first off I know I sold the game and I probably should have kept it...

That being in the past!

I was wondering if it possible to burn the game or get a burn of it that would work on a Saturn and play online with the Netlink? Or is the only way to get the original?

Now that I actually play Netlink I want it to play it
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Peter

Post by Peter »

Yes, it is possible to burn a copy and it will work on NetLink.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

However, to play a burned copy on a Saturn requires that you either successfully perform a swap trick each time you want to play it, or install a modchip for your Saturn.

Either way is going to require you to open your Saturn up at least once. The swap trick is definitely cheaper, but takes longer to perform each time, and has the potential to damage your Saturn's drive motor over time, as well as your discs. The modchip method will cost more, as you have to buy the modchip and either install it yourself or get/pay someone to do it for you. Unless you foul up the installation (it's actually really easy to install on most Saturn models), it puts a lot less wear-and-tear on your system, and is much easier to use than the swap trick.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!