Your gaming setups!

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Very nice. I'm not much a fan of changing how my consoles look, except (like you did) when modifying a spare. I'm usually a fan of the original look.

Granted, there are a few exceptions. If I could find the right shell for my Dreamcast, I *might* install that... (although probably on my second one if I ever bother to fix it), and while I'm more a fan of the Indigo GameCube, I own a Jet one. Just happened to be the color I got off of eBay a while ago.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I've got 2 more model 2's...I'll probably paint the one I'm using as my other spare is in perfect condition inside and out. It's really pristine so I'd hate to paint on it. I've got a 3rd Dreamcast that's a little dingy and has trouble reading Shenmue...so that'd be the one I paint lol. I've got 3 Saturns and one more coming on the mail that I got for a whopping dollar on ebay. It's untested...so either way I'm going to paint it probably. I'm super pleased with how well the N64 and Genesis came out.

I'm planning on painting them to sell. So I'm sure I'll get better and pick up new techniques and skill as I go.
Game collection on my site.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Thats sweet. I want you to paint one of my backups now :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

xDerekRx wrote:Thats sweet. I want you to paint one of my backups now :)
I would be more than happy too! Just gut it and send me the shell and pay for the return shipping. :D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

JerryTerrifying wrote:
xDerekRx wrote:Thats sweet. I want you to paint one of my backups now :)
I would be more than happy too! Just gut it and send me the shell and pay for the return shipping. :D
That's an idea. I have been thinking about doing a case-mod for one of my three Saturns...

Perhaps you could tell us more about the prepping and painting procedures and materials. I'm curious.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Sand it down with a fine grain sand paper, Krylon Fusion, clear coat. Easy. When I get my next Saturn in the mail I'm gonna paint it like NiGHTS. I need to go buy a couple shades of purple paint.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I'm curious as to how well the paint will hold up over time -- especially on the controller.
JerryTerrifying

After about 24 hours it doesn't feel flakey or sticky it just feels like plastic. Very solid. There's a youtube channel where they paint custom 360 controllers in the same way. Plus I hate the 3 button controller so that's why I painted one of those....if it sucks no big loss to me.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I actually prefer the ergonomics of the 3-button. Both of mine that came with my Genesis 2 were pretty beat up, though.
Manji

Post by Manji »

your work looks pretty nice jerry. i'm looking forward to seeing your nights-themed saturn.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Ya me 3, then Ill decide which paint job I want :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Jerry: Your video is no longer up, but do I remember seeing a pink Sakura Taisen Dreamcast in your collection?

If so... LUCKY! I want one. T_T
JerryTerrifying

Lol no I've just got a regular Dreamcast...and my videos are all still up....Next time I'm at the store I'm gonna see what shades of fruity purple they have for the NiGHTS project. I just got in my second Model 2 Saturn and that's the one I'm probably going to paint. I've been buying paint at a Meijer....think Wal Mart if you don't have one on your area...but they have a self checkout that actually works compared to the garbage at Wal Mart. I might have to go to a Lowes or somewhere else to find the right color paints. Ordering online is out of the question. The shipping and handling is outrageous.

www.youtube.com/user/jerryterrifying
Manji

Post by Manji »

Warp2063 wrote:Jerry: Your video is no longer up, but do I remember seeing a pink Sakura Taisen Dreamcast in your collection?

If so... LUCKY! I want one. T_T
i took my video down but it's because i wanted to post another one that shows everything and where everything is closer together. i'm gonna put another up again soon for the fun of it :D
salsays

Post by salsays »

Well I'll take a picture of my set up one of these days, but my main systems are my Genesis, CDX, Saturn, Dreamcast, Wii, and PS3. Ive actually only owned Sega and was the only person who I know of who didn't own a PS2 and had only a Dreamcast during the last generation.

But I will be adding an original PC engine along with the CD expansion soon to my collection. I used to own one back a few years ago but had to sell it and my collection of 80 games off cuz of financial issues but I will soon own it again and re collect my collection again.