Your gaming setups!

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
JerryTerrifying

Your gaming setups!

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Show off where you keep your consoles, especially those sweet Sega Saturns!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTBagpWZKjI

So hurry up Derek, Manji, Warp an everyone else get to taking pictures and making videos of all your sweet consoles and where you get your Netlink on!
Game collection on my site.
Manji

Post by Manji »

sweet video :D. you do have a lot of systems. all great ones. recently i ordered a TG16 myself, so i hope to add that to my collection soon.

i will make a video soon but my gaming stuff is strewn about the room, so not everything is hooked up and not everything is in one place.

we didn't get to see any of your games though jerry! maybe that could be another video :wink:
JerryTerrifying

Why I do think I could make a video of that! Congratulations on the TG16, I just won Splatterhouse for $10.50 on eaby! Great deal! I can't wait to get it. I've bidded on a buncha TG16 games for .99 cents and they've been rolling in. I got Bomberman, loose, for $3 and a couple other ok games.

Lol if I make a video of all my games you'll see just how cluttered and terrible my Dank Pit of Despair is!
Manji

Post by Manji »

disclaimer: please do not look at this thinking i am a messy person, but it's just the way it looks right now. i like having my things organized and properly arranged, but my current situation doesn't allow me much space. these are just the things i have out for quick playing

here's a short video of the things i have around the room, which doesnt show everything i have or what's being ordered from time to time. enjoy!
JerryTerrifying

I wouldn't mind having a copy of Resident Evil for the Saturn! I also want a Japanese Ps2 like that myself. I've got a Japanese copy of MGS:Integral as MGS is my favourite series and I want to give it a play! It has some awful first person mode I want to torture myself with.

That is a VERY orange Gamecube, how hard is it to install a region switch? Or did you just buy it like that? I'm also jealous of the Neogeo and NeoGeo CD! I'm way too broke to afford that stuff. LOL I can't even afford a cheap cart to test out my Jaguar right now.

I'll make a video showing off where I hide all my power, AV cords and controllers. I've got them tucked everywhere I can stick 'em.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

My room is kind of a disaster... I'm torn between wanting to show off my stuff and NOT wanting to show off the surrounding danger zones and piles of stuff...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Same here.

Im actually half way done creating an ultimate game wall setup with TV in middle and all the stuff around it. Once thats done Ill man up and take pictures :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Yeah I refer to my room as The Dank Pit of Despair. No sunshine here. I'm proud of my big tower of consoles though hahaha. But most of the rest of the room is pretty terrible.
Manji

Post by Manji »

JerryTerrifying wrote:I wouldn't mind having a copy of Resident Evil for the Saturn! I also want a Japanese Ps2 like that myself. I've got a Japanese copy of MGS:Integral as MGS is my favourite series and I want to give it a play! It has some awful first person mode I want to torture myself with.

the ps2 is great! its the 90000 series slim model so there's no power brick because the psu is inside the console. any way to save a little space is a good thing. sometimes i've dreaded the thought of getting a model 1 Genesis, Sega CD and 32X combo because each of them requires their own power supply.
JerryTerrifying wrote:That is a VERY orange Gamecube, how hard is it to install a region switch? Or did you just buy it like that?
it's supposed to be a very easy process but this particular one i did buy already modified. works like a charm and the black switch is super stealth 8). although... the spicy orange 'cube did get damaged a bit during shipping. not really noticeable to the eyes unless you look it over close since it's on a bottom corner.

i hope to teach myself how to mod a gamecube because i have a couple of extra systems.
JerryTerrifying wrote:I'm also jealous of the Neogeo and NeoGeo CD! I'm way too broke to afford that stuff. LOL I can't even afford a cheap cart to test out my Jaguar right now.
well some of the Neo geo stuff can be found at decent prices, but you're right. that's actually why i have the Neo geo CD though because the home cartridges can be quadruple the cost. like Pulstar on the home cartridge runs about $500 while the CD goes for about $70. there's also the option of getting a consolized MVS unit which has been crossing my mind. it's a cheaper way to play the exact same games without paying the home cart price. ultimately though i would love to get a game room someday or get an arcade cabinet. there are a lot of exclusive games on the MVS format.
JerryTerrifying wrote:I'll make a video showing off where I hide all my power, AV cords and controllers. I've got them tucked everywhere I can stick 'em.
yea man i have stuff wherever stuff can go :lol:
Warp2063 wrote:My room is kind of a disaster... I'm torn between wanting to show off my stuff and NOT wanting to show off the surrounding danger zones and piles of stuff...
the games are the important thing, that's all i will be looking at :D
xDerekRx wrote:Same here.

Im actually half way done creating an ultimate game wall setup with TV in middle and all the stuff around it. Once thats done Ill man up and take pictures Smile
looking forward to it!

i wish i could set everything up to look nice. too much stuff and no space to do it.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yeah I think you can only do what you can do with system setups.

Between different shapes and wires, its hard to make it look perfect
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Then there's the topic of power cables and AV cables. Man do I have a mess. With all those systems on the bookshelf gang raping every opening on my TV and all they big bulky power adapters. I use two power squids...I love those things! But damn are they ugly.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

To power my Sega Genesis 2/SegaCD 2/Sega Genesis 32X I bought a special power strip that had space for four power bricks on the side, then 4 other ports on the top.

They weren't expecting the sheer, massive size of the Sega power bricks. I was only able to fit two of them next to each other, left the third space open, and then plugged the last power brick into the fourth hole. Now that I have the Sega Genesis CDX plugged in only... I have a place to plug in my Super Nintendo and SuperFami. I need to get another video cable and a power brick for the SuperFami, though, so I don't have to keep borrowing them from other systems.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000F ... ZZZZZ_.jpg

You need one of those. Power squids are as amazing and handy as they are ugly.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

JerryTerrifying wrote:http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000F ... ZZZZZ_.jpg

You need one of those. Power squids are as amazing and handy as they are ugly.
Neh, I'm good. I have five power strips daisy-chained together to power my computer/peripherals/desk/tv/game consoles setup.

Yes, I know that's not a good thing. But it's awesome. :D
JerryTerrifying

I didn't want to make a new topic since this isn't exactly Saturn related. I painted a spare N64 I had lying around the other day to see how well I could paint plastic things. I was pleased with the results so I painted this totally sweet Sonic themed Genesis. I originally wanted to paint a Saturn like that but I think I'll paint my Saturn in a NiGHTS theme. I'm also thinking about painting one of my spare Sega CD's red and white sort of a Knuckles themed counterpart.

Here's a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozUa1tft0uU

And here are some pictures.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ ... C01125.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ ... C01126.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ ... C01123.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ ... C01122.jpg