recent Daytona Netlink auction

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Manji

recent Daytona Netlink auction

Post by Manji »

Ebay link

the elusive Daytona netlink edition emerges and sells for $405. i didn't notice this auction until a friendly gamer recently pointed it out to me.

i still would really like to get a complete version of this game but i wouldn't pay that much.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Wow 405. Very expected price though for a nice complete copy.

I too would like to reacquire the game as I had it disc only at one time.

Id probably pay up to 200$ if it was that good of condition.

But I think 400$ is about what you should expect which is very tough.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Peter

Post by Peter »

I am surprised that it was only $405 considering how infrequently it is up for sale.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I'm guessing that people didn't notice, and that's why it went for less? It's a theory, at least.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Id say 405 is still a healthy number.

i think is old my disc only 3-4 years ago for 220-240.

Ive seen complete copies sold on forums for 200.

Id pay 250 for now, if not only to resell
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

grolt

Post by grolt »

There aren't too many video games that go for over $400, so I don't think there's anything to complain about with this. It's been almost three months and still not another game...

The thing about this, though, is that even if you buy it successfully, the reality is that you really won't be able to play it since it's such an obscurity that the chances of finding someone else online (even on this site) is slim to none. Sure, there are mod chips and burned games, but it's not the same if you don't have the real thing.
That's fly.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Manji and I have already vowed to purchase copies regardless of price (My limit is in the 400-500 area and complete).

Then we will compete in probably the most expensive netlink race of all time worth near 1000$. Of course the problem is finding copies.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Manji

Post by Manji »

i think it would be worth it. i really like playing Sega Rally through netlink and Daytona is actually more my type of racing game. i wonder if two player is restricted to just two players or if the CPU cars race on the track as well? that would be cool.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Manji wrote:i think it would be worth it. i really like playing Sega Rally through netlink and Daytona is actually more my type of racing game. i wonder if two player is restricted to just two players or if the CPU cars race on the track as well? that would be cool.
Well, I almost got to play a Daytona match the other day, but the other guy was having trouble with his disc. Sounds like his Saturn has a similar problem to what my model 1 had before I fixed it (disc friction with the inside of the drive). In the end, we didn't get to play anything... I didn't know that the other guy was using FiOS. If I ever get it working, I'll let you know.

... I should just lend one of my Saturns and NetLinks to my friend who lives across the street from me... then I can dial locally! Teach her how to do the swap trick... :D
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Manji

Post by Manji »

oh me oh my...

another Daytona Netlink goes up for auction on Ebay: Click here for the link!

while i will place my own bid, i doubt it will be enough for this one... because it's sealed! :shock:

any predictions on how high this will go?
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Damn I would really like to bid on this one... Sadly its "US BIDDERS ONLY" :(
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I predict that it will be going for more than I'd be willing to pay.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Damn I would reall like to get my hands on this :(
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Peter

Post by Peter »

As far as I remember, this is only the 2nd time this year that this game has shown up on eBay. And, just like the first time, it's US bidders only! Aargh! There are only 5 more NA Saturn games that I need to finish off the collection, and naturally, this is one of them.
monster

But is it authentic?

Post by monster »

As far as I know, the netlink edition is indistinguishable from regular CCE edition by the outer look(ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytona_US ... it_Edition). That b&w manual is supposed to be under regualr CCE color booklet. If it's really brand new, then I have a suspicion about its authenticity. As always, wiki might be wrong and there might been different arrangement of booklets occasionally. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks,