recent Daytona Netlink auction

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Peter

Post by Peter »

Believe it or not, there are now TWO copies of Daytona NetLink on eBay!

I would agree with monster, though. It is odd that the front-facing manual in the sealed auction be the NetLink manual.
Mytho

Post by Mytho »

It's times like this that make me want to take out a student loan and go nuts.

I wonder if the buyer will even play the game or let it collect dust on a shelf as part of a collection.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

I NEED THIS... (No international buyers... WHY?!!)
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I *might* consider it at $150, but I'd have to REALLY be in the mood. Which I'm not. I'm fine without it.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Been busy the last couple weeks so I havent posted in a while.

I come back and 2 Netlink editions on Ebay!!

I WILL be buying one of these. Willing to spend alot too.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Peter wrote:Believe it or not, there are now TWO copies of Daytona NetLink on eBay!

I would agree with monster, though. It is odd that the front-facing manual in the sealed auction be the NetLink manual.

Im almost convinced that the sealed one is a reseal because of that.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Even though Im really not into racing games, Daytona is my favourite racing game. Its just awesome ;D
ameisenmann

Post by ameisenmann »

I really don't know why people consider to pay such high prices for video games... just because it is rare?! I don't think so. Radiant Silvergun for example is pretty common in Japan but game shops take advantage of the fact that people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for it.

My assumption is that people who are new to a certain retro gaming system are looking for certain games. Soon they realize that some of them are really expensive. That awakes their interest. Just because it is expensive but not necessarily because it is a good game. It becomes the holy grail of that console that all gamers are craving for. It gets a mystic attention that keeps the price at a certain level. It is not so expensive because people want it so bad. They want it so bad because it is expensive.

If you want to keep the saturn game it will be probably trash after 20 years. So what for you want to possess it? Just for playing? No, there are modchips which are much cheaper. When I really like a saturn game I would pay max. 50,-$ for it.
For example I like Thunderforce 5 much more than Radiant Silvergun but I did not pay more than 17,50 EURO for the special pack in mint condition. I stopped playing Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru after 10 min. beacause it's not good in my opinion. So why paying several hundred dollars for it?!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Isaac [GER] wrote:Even though Im really not into racing games, Daytona is my favourite racing game. Its just awesome ;D
Agreed. At least my favorite racing game on the Saturn.
ameisenmann wrote:I really don't know why people consider to pay such high prices for video games... just because it is rare?! I don't think so. Radiant Silvergun for example is pretty common in Japan but game shops take advantage of the fact that people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for it.

My assumption is that people who are new to a certain retro gaming system are looking for certain games. Soon they realize that some of them are really expensive. That awakes their interest. Just because it is expensive but not necessarily because it is a good game. It becomes the holy grail of that console that all gamers are craving for. It gets a mystic attention that keeps the price at a certain level. It is not so expensive because people want it so bad. They want it so bad because it is expensive.

If you want to keep the saturn game it will be probably trash after 20 years. So what for you want to possess it? Just for playing? No, there are modchips which are much cheaper. When I really like a saturn game I would pay max. 50,-$ for it.
For example I like Thunderforce 5 much more than Radiant Silvergun but I did not pay more than 17,50 EURO for the special pack in mint condition. I stopped playing Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru after 10 min. beacause it's not good in my opinion. So why paying several hundred dollars for it?!
I'm of a somewhat similar opinion. If an old game is expensive but reasonably priced and I truly want it, I'll pay for it. However, if a game is unreasonably expensive, I'll usually buy the Japanese version, then run a burned copy of the English version. At this point, the only people who are profiting are the people who are fortunate enough to already have the games, not the original game companies, so I don't feel so bad about doing it. Current games, however, I purchase legally.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

ameisenmann wrote:I really don't know why people consider to pay such high prices for video games... just because it is rare?! I don't think so. Radiant Silvergun for example is pretty common in Japan but game shops take advantage of the fact that people are willing to pay ridiculous prices for it.

Hey, that's Capitalism for you. And just because a seller is asking $150 for a game doesn't mean it'll sell for that much. You might be able to haggle them down...or they'll get tired of listing it and will drop the price till it sells. Also don't underestimate how stupid people are with their money. Google "Fincncial domination" if you want to see how retarded people are with their money.
Game collection on my site.
JerryTerrifying

the only people who are profiting are the people who are fortunate enough to already have the games, not the original game companies, so I don't feel so bad about doing it. Current games, however, I purchase legally.
I agree with that 100%. I don't bootleg current gen games and wouldn't. I do still buy most of my games after heavy discounting or just get them used. Which also doesn't support the Developers that well. But you know...I've got to worry about my financial status over some strangers.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

JerryTerrifying wrote:
the only people who are profiting are the people who are fortunate enough to already have the games, not the original game companies, so I don't feel so bad about doing it. Current games, however, I purchase legally.
I agree with that 100%. I don't bootleg current gen games and wouldn't. I do still buy most of my games after heavy discounting or just get them used. Which also doesn't support the Developers that well. But you know...I've got to worry about my financial status over some strangers.
Yeah, I buy a fair amount of used as well. However, the games I REALLY want, I buy new. For example, there are several releases in the near future that I'm picking up as soon as they come out. Zelda: Spirit Tracks and FFCC: Crystal Bearers are two such examples.
ameisenmann

Post by ameisenmann »

Google "Fincncial domination" if you want to see how retarded people are with their money.
I heard of people spending 600,-$ for camsex on the internet during one night but that is really fucked up. I feel deeply sorry for them. Their money would be better invested in a really good shrink.
JerryTerrifying

I suggested to one of my female internet friends she should do that. She did for a while and made a ton of money in a very short time. Mostly the guys just paid her to be ignored by her. If you can believe that. The worst thing she ever did was talk nasty and demand more money. People are insane.

The ignoring thing is amazing. These dudes would call, all set up through a website so it was all charged by the minute, she'd just set the phone down and do homework or whatever. Some times that'd happen on a webcam some times not. If I was a chick I'd be doing that all day. One weekend she made $2,000 bucks. Its really ridiculous.
Isaac [GER]

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Wow, thats just awesome ;D
Maybe Ill just have to piss off my neighbour so he´ll give me some money xD