Action Replay Plus and Alien Trilogy

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight

Action Replay Plus and Alien Trilogy

Post by Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight »

I've tried these codes with Alien Trilogy and none of them seem to work. All code sites I know of have the same codes. I think maybe the Master Code is wrong but I really have no idea. Anyone know why they won't work?

Master Code (Must Be On) - F6000924 C305 - B6002800 0000
All Weapons - 1606CF82 BBFC
Unlimited Health - 1606CF84 0064
Unlimited Armor - 1606CF86 03EC
Unlimited Boots - 1606CF88 0A0F
Unlimited Ammo (9mm) - 1606CF8A 0014
Unlimited Ammo (shotgun) - 1606CF8E 0014
Unlimited Ammo (pulse rifle) - 1606CF90 4000
Unlimited Ammo (flame thrower) - 1606CF96 4000
Unlimited Ammo (smart gun) - 1606CF9A 4000
Unlimited Batteries - 1606CF9E 4000

Some places have a code for charges, but like I said, none of these codes seem to work.
I lost all my teeth in a deathmatch because... I'm straight teeth are for gay people, that's why fairies come and get 'em.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Nocturne I never used codes with AT and AR but will test it out later if i have time.

You should play it without codes :) The game is pretty hard I admit. I dont think I ever beat it since I got it back in 97
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I think I tried to make codes work on my AR once, but was unsuccessful. It's been a long time since that attempt. I don't know what to tell you.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight

Post by Nocturne_in_the_Moonlight »

xDerekRx wrote:You should play it without codes :)
I am but I got a little frustrated so I decided to pull it out and give myself Unlimited Health and Shotgun bullets so I could blow off some steam and then go back to playing it. But then I got more frustrated when I couldn't get the codes to work. :P
I lost all my teeth in a deathmatch because... I'm straight teeth are for gay people, that's why fairies come and get 'em.

Duke 3D & Bomberman
ellanceo

Re: Action Replay Plus and Alien Trilogy

Post by ellanceo »

Ha! I just was putting in all the AR codes in my 4-in-1 when I noticed the same issue. After searching extensively, it seems like there are at least 3 master codes floating around, none of which seem to work. I hate to bump a thread like this, but I am definitely interested in finding a solution. Anyone have the AR with the serial port so we can do some testing? :lol:
"War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines."
-Old Snake
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

ellanceo wrote:Anyone have the AR with the serial port so we can do some testing? :lol:
I do, but I'm currently at school and won't be able to mess around with my Saturn for several more months. I also don't know why you need one with the serial port for this - there's no utility that I'm aware of that would allow you to gain any advantage in the codes mode via the serial port.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
ellanceo

Post by ellanceo »

Oh, I guess I misunderstood the use of the serial port, I was under the impression that there WAS a utility. What a bummer!
"War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines."
-Old Snake
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Maybe if you found an original development card for a computer and the software to run it, you could do live debugging... however, with the only cable and software you can find now, alongside the AR 4-in-1... you can:

*Back up the cart's game save memory to the computer... full dumps only (iirc, there's no way to do individual files)
*Load a full cart dump onto the cart
*I can't remember for sure, but I believe you can backup/load an AR code library to the AR cart
*Load a small program into the memory of the Saturn and run it... mostly for testing your own homebrew code.

Theoretically, the original COM card along with the actual development kit and its software would allow for live debugging... but with the AR and the only equipment and software you can find these days, there aren't many options.
ellanceo

Post by ellanceo »

It's just many games I have found AR codes for don't seem to work, and I for some reason cannot get Panzer Dragoon Saga to work at all, multiple copies. So it's definitely frustrating to hear there wasn't more support for the add-on. :(

Now to get Netlink working...
-Old Snake
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Well... the AR wasn't an officially supported add-on. I don't know if I've ever seen an officially-supported cheat device for ANY system.

It probably doesn't help that -
-These ARs aren't even the original product. They're a Chinese knockoff of somewhat questionable quality. The Action Replay brand is made by a European company by the name of Datel. I don't know if they made the ARs back when the Saturn was out. According to Wikipedia, though, it looks like it.
-Datel being a European company, I have a feeling that most of the codes were made for European Saturn software, not US software. It's somewhat rare for a memory-editing tool to work on software from different regions, as the memory locations often won't be the same.
-The Saturn was not the most popular console back then. The Playstation and the N64 dwarfed it (at least in the US... I'm assuming this is also true for Europe). Fewer players means fewer people with Action Replays. Since I don't think you could easily make your own codes, it was up to the company to release new codes - and they probably were only really making codes for Europe, and even then, really only supporting the systems that they felt warranted it.