Sega Saturn NA release date?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Manji

Sega Saturn NA release date?

Post by Manji »

hello,
I know we have some Sega Saturn fans from Canada, and i wanted to ask if the SS was released on the same day for all of North America, meaning US/Can.? i'm just curious the differences, if any, between US and Canada game/console releases. thanks for any info.!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

As far as I can tell, they released on the same day. Unfortunately, it came out back when I still couldn't get my parents to let game systems in the house, so I can't tell you much about the original offerings.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Lol @ Warp.

Ive told the story before but my Parents bought me and my brother my first Saturn that came with the 3 free pack in games at an Ames store for Christmas. At the time I was hoping for a Playstation or an N64 but grew to love the underdog system that the Saturn was.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I remember back in 95 my Aunt's Boyfriend had bought a Saturn with Panzer Dragoon, Myst and that Aerosmith game. I played the hell out of Panzer Dragoon over there. Then some time went on they broke up and the Saturn went with him I suppose. After that I kind of forgot about the Saturn existing. I remember clearly walking out of my house one day and seeing a comercial for NiGHTS and that was the last time I ever heard of the Saturn until like 3 years ago on the internet.

I really think if the Saturn had a stronger marketing campain it would have done better. I really loved the Saturn and who knows I may have gotten one if I was more aware of it. The ps1 was everywhere in print ads and Tv ads. Of course I never did have gaming magazines so I wasn't really that hip to what was going on in the videogame world at all really. Like Besides seeing a 3do in a Meijers (it's a Midwest thing, think Wal Mart Super Center) kiosk one time I never really knew it existed. I never knew anyone with a Saturn either. I really wish the Saturn did better back then it has a TON of great games on it that are just as good if not better than a lot of the stuff on the ps1 and n64.
Game collection on my site.