Homebrew

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Isaac [GER]

Homebrew

Post by Isaac [GER] »

Is there any homebrew software for the Saturn? Like Atari 2600 Emulators?

(I really hate Seaman...but why am I playing it then?)
HOLY SMOKIN' JESUS TITTY CINNAMON!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Yes, there is homebrew for the Saturn. However, I don't know if there are any emulators, as the Saturn is rather a pain to write software for, and the only people who could play homebrew would be people willing to mod their console, perform the swap trick, or purchase the equipment to connect the Saturn to their computer. Not exactly a large target audience, especially for a system that many people don't pay attention to anymore.

I'm willing to bet that there's probably some sort of system emulator out there somewhere... but I'm doubtful that they'd be terribly easy to find... or work well... or be easy to use...

You're better off emulating on some other system, probably. If you must do it on a console (or handheld), try the Dreamcast, the PSP, or the original Xbox.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
phatgamer

Home Brew

Post by phatgamer »

I recently purchased the USB DATALINK for the Sega Saturn.

The Site for purchasing it also has links for homebrew which you can download directly to your Saturn's internal ram from your pc.

The usb Datalink also allows you to copy your Saturn Completed Save Games and store them on your pc.
PHATGAMER