HELP again

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
phatgamer

HELP again

Post by phatgamer »

Sorry but I am back again for MORE help.

Further more, I would like to give a SHOUT OUT to PETER in Alberta Canada, if I can do that.

Adding that if there is anything I can help anyone else with that is Saturn related, I will surely try.

Just PM me. I do have some Sega Saturn Knowledge.

My last present plea for help: WHAT JAPANESE Rpgs have ENOUGH English Text in their menus so that someone like me, who does NOT understand that language, can still be able to manuever the in-game menus enough to be able to fully play and enjoy these JAP Rpgs ?

Thank You
PHATGAMER
Manji

Post by Manji »

i have a game called Wizardry Llylgamyn Saga for Saturn where you can change almost all the text into english through standard options in the game.

Princess Crown might be another one. i've been wanting to pick up a copy of this myself. Dracula X? PC and DX are more action RPG though.

in my experience, most games you can get the hang of things after experimenting and simply selecting options, menus and seeing what they do.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

While not exactly what you asked, you can find translation guides for some of the more popular games on GameFaqs. It would at least give you the opportunity to look up what things meant.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

I have a handful of Jap RPG imports that I found were easy to enjoy.

Falcom Classics I and II -
Both of these contain remakes of some of Falcoms older games. The main draw here are the great remakes of Ys I and Ys II. The menus and stats are in English. I recommend these.

Wachenroder - Like a steampunk version of Shining Force III or Vandal Hearts. It's easy to get into and figure out what to do. Similar to Shining Force, the attacks and such are icon driven! The stats are also in English. This is a very good SRPG and was a very big budget game for the time. I highly recommend it.

Shadows of the Tusk - This is a Card RPG similar to Culdecept or Magic: The Gathering. It's really cool because ALL of the menus, options and selections are in English. The only thing that you are missing is the story. Also some of the Cards effects take a while to figure out, but there is a good webpage out there that explains what they do. This is a very good but pretty tough Card RPG. But it's cool because it is almost fully in English.

Airs Adventure - Not much English in the game but it is fairly easy to figure out where to go and what to do. It is also the most basic RPG I have ever played. You characters have 1 or 2 attacks and thats it. It was an early Saturn release and looked incredible when first released but looks pretty bad these days. A big bonus is that Mamoru Nagano (Five Star Stories) designed the characters and the world in which the game takes place. It's worth picking up on the cheap imo.
I own: Saturn Bomberman, Duke Nukem, Sega Rally and Virtual On.