-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I was very confused for a second. I'm like... "Didn't we just go over this?"

No. I just happened to read it somewhere else right before reading this post. >.<

I'm cautiously optimistic. But if it's for a reasonable price, I'll get it, just like I got Megaman 9. Even though Sonic games are too hard for me to beat. For that matter, so are most Megaman games.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Really? the old Sonic games arent that difficult. But you are right, most Mega Mans are tough as nails. But thats their reputation :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Silence the Fallen

Post by Silence the Fallen »

I have high hopes for Sonic 4.

Most of the "bad" Sonic games that people talk about are the 3D ones. I don't think Sega has ever made a bad 2D Sonic game. I mean, don't get me wrong, they aren't all gems, but overall the 2D style Sonic games have always been pretty solid.

I HATE digital distribution and refuse to buy any game delivered in this form, so I'm really REALLY hoping that there will eventually be a disc rlease of Sonic 4 so I can give it a shot.
I own: Saturn Bomberman, Duke Nukem, Sega Rally and Virtual On.
Auto-Fox

Post by Auto-Fox »

Silence the Fallen wrote:I HATE digital distribution and refuse to buy any game delivered in this form, so I'm really REALLY hoping that there will eventually be a disc rlease of Sonic 4 so I can give it a shot.
FINALLY someone who agrees with me!!
Welcome to the club, dude. It's a medium which might be hailed now, but we'll see who's laughing in a few years when the servers go down and all the download titles we used to enjoy so much are lost forever...
...anyway...
Sonic 4 looks decent, but I can't help thinking that the whole 3D rendering thing is just sort of... WRONG, at least for a direct sequel to the Genesis Sonic games. Sprites or nothing, for me...
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Oh, I totally agree. I prefer discs, too... as long as I can own the disc and use a digital copy. I'd rather own the disc and play digital. I think that's the biggest complaint I have about my PSP.

I'm going to be so irritated in the future when I can't transfer my old games from my PS3 to my PSP because I can't connect to my old account.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yeah I think the generations will just get used to it.

Im like everyone else. I like having a case, disc and manual for the collection. Downloading makes me feel empty, but thats the way its going. It sucks for the resale business as well as collectors.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Auto-Fox

Post by Auto-Fox »

Say a nice g'bye to physical media, people, something tells me the current generation of consoles will be the last to have anything to do with it...
...it pisses me off more than anyone can imagine. Mark my words, I'm not abandoning discs, cartridges or memory cards without a HELL of a fight...
...I don't care if I get to be the old fart at the end of the road who still owns that 'silly old CD player.' At least I won't be the one who has to PAY for my music, movies and games every time I want to play them.
That's pretty much where we're headed.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Yeah I don't care for digital distrobution either. I like the option but would be pissed if DD was the only option. I like having my copy of MGS on my Ps3's hard drive becasue it's a game I go through fairly often. But I also have several copies of it on disc.
Game collection on my site.
Manji

Post by Manji »

sonic 4 looks pretty sweet and i'm glad sega decided to develop this project because it's really what sega fans want. sonic has kind of veered back and forth between good and mediocre quality over the years, so as long as they keep with the classic formula that got sonic to be such an iconic game series (i guess i would include sonic 1 - cd in this category), it should be great fun and a great success. in my opinion sega needs this. probably a thanks goes to capcom and mega man 9 for showing that reviving an old school favorite doesn't mean you have to reinvent the wheel. just keeps things how they were and spice it up a bit. like the graphics in sonic 4 are really sharp. i'm already enjoying the classic look and vibrant 2D style of old. sonic adventure wasn't bad in 3D and neither was a game like shinobi, but anybody playing games and growing up in the 80's and 90's remembers the genesis games most fondly.

i do agree that being a download only title sort of knocks the wind out of it for me but in this day and age i guess it's to be expected.

now if sega would bring us something like streets of rage 4 in a similar way, i'd be all for it :D
Auto-Fox

Post by Auto-Fox »

^^ Haven't you heard? According to Sega, Streets of Rage and Eternal Champions DON'T EXIST!
*glares at unreleased Dreamcast and Saturn sequels, respectively*