Anything I should pick up while in Japan?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Yeah go ahead and rip it open and check it out. I mean if it just doens't have an RF cable that's no big deal at all as I've got plentyof RF cables.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

As far as I can tell, you're right - it just uses a standard RF cable. There's a I/II switch on the side, which I'm guessing is channel selection. It has one controller and the power adapter. I was wrong about the manual being there - I see now that next to the kana for "manual" is written the same thing that's next to the kana for "RF Unit"... so I guess that means "missing" or "not there" or something.

The unit and controller are quite yellowed - I would assume due to heavy smoking of the previous owner. It also carries a certain smell - I'm assuming also because of heavy smoking. Those things and the missing part and manual would probably explain why the price was so low, even with the box.

I've gotten rid of smoking smells before through various means. Usually it just takes time and replacing the smell with something else. There's probably no solution for the yellowed plastic, though.

Sorry that I don't have a better report for you. :/

On the bright side: super-cheap! :D
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Yeah for the price I'm not worried about it. Most plastic that's 20+ years old or so is yellowed anyway. Missing manual and missing RF cable is no big. I wasn't even expecting a box so it's all cool.

Thanks again!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQAvB0z3FbM

Super Potato. This is one of the retro game stores I visited while I was in Japan. It's cool seeing everything again. :) Had I known that I needed to pick up a PC Engine game, I would have swung back by here, assuming I could find it again. That hidden hallway was horrible to find.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Havent posted in a while so Im way late on this thread.

Glad to see you finding all these cool items in Tokyo. I went to Seoul Korea last month and found some games but nowhere near the level of Tokyo., I might be going next month so Ill be sure to check out that store you mentioned.

Do you still have that copy of Doom Warp? I know someone else said to grab it but Ive been looking forever for a 2nd copy.

I have one Jap copy but need a 2nd one to do a Link Cable match. Really want to make a video of it.

Let me know if you still have it.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

Warp2063 wrote:Okay, I'll make sure to grab that PC engine for you, Jerry. I haven't left yet, so anyone else is welcome to put in any more requests. I'd say now to get the requests in by 11PM EST or maaaybe midnight. You're welcome to try to put in requests later than that, but no guarantees.
you must be rich to be offering everyone something
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

segasaturndude wrote:you must be rich to be offering everyone something
I'm definitely not rich. I had saved up some spending money for a trip to Japan, and figured that while I was there I could pick up a few extra things and bring them back with me. That way they could get some things cheaper from me than they could by paying to have them imported from Japan, plus whatever extra cost an importer would tack on. All I was asking was they repay me the cost of the item plus shipping from my home in the States. Much better than overseas shipping, as I think Jerry would attest to.
JerryTerrifying

Yeah I got that PC Engine for a fraction of the current ebay pricing. If I had more cash at the time I would have tried getting a few more things.

I did get a PCE game off ebay and tested it and it works great. Again...many many thanks Warp for the favour. It's really appreciated.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

No problem! I'm glad everything is working for you. Can't wait to see videos of it! :)
JerryTerrifying

Yeah dude I need to do an updated console collection video for sure. I'm kind of wanting to bring out all my multiples of systems and lay them all out on the floor and look at all the wasted money. :D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I'd really like to see the unboxing video you said you made for the PCE. Ever since I first saw an unboxing video, I've always wanted to either make one myself or watch a video of someone opening a box I'd sent. The most amazing boxes I've ever sent out would be my 3DOs followed by my Steel Battalion. But any one would be cool to see.

Someday I'd like to do a recording of all my stuff, but I'm a bit concerned about theft.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Warp thanks for the copy of Doom. Just got it in the mail!! Didnt know it was going to be brand new. Dont know if I want to open it :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

xDerekRx wrote:Warp thanks for the copy of Doom. Just got it in the mail!! Didnt know it was going to be brand new. Dont know if I want to open it :)
Mmm... I don't remember if that one was new or not. All of the disc-based games at Super Potato were in shrink wrap, new or used. People in Japan like things neat and tidy. I do remember a few games there specifically having "new" tags on them, but they were more expensive.

Glad you're happy, though! :)