i really want a sega saturn

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
segasaturndude

i really want a sega saturn

Post by segasaturndude »

i would like to sell my sega dreamcast and get a sega saturn. should i do this? i know it would go good with my 90's themed bedroom. i wonder what the sega saturn will look on my 1990 sony xbr tv? i bet it will be awesome. i cant wait :)
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Erm... no idea what it will look like on that TV. I wouldn't sell the Dreamcast, though, unless you never plan to play it again. It's too awesome of a system. Just buy a Saturn. They're really not that expensive.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

I second this. You might regret getting rid of that dreamcast later on. They're both awesome systems, but I wouldn't get rid of one for the other. Wait until you can have both.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

ok. i guess when i get back to colorado tomorrow . my dad said he would allow me to buy anything up to $250. so i guess ill buy the sega saturn and a sega dreamcast broadband adaptor and browser so i can surf the internet as my computer died
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I don't think the Dreamcast will provide that great of a browsing experience anymore, even with a BBA.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
lazyhoboguy

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Isn't the dreamcat BBA like over 100 dollars for a used one? Unless you plan on playing online games a lot on Dreamcast man I really wouldn't think that would be worth it for just browsing the internet.
ps2onlinegaming.com (Site for scheduling PS2 online and PS2 LAN tunneling (Xlink Kai) matches)

www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Around $150 last I checked, but it's been a while. That was the average for a long time, though.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I got one for about $100 shipped. But that was a while ago. Maybe a year or so I think.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I got mine for a similar price, back when there was a temporary dip in the average price of a BBA. But they were $150 for a long time, and then went back up not long after I grabbed mine.
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Yeah I had been watching them for a few years and $100 is the cheapest I've personally seen them. That was right after the economy exploded and a lot of stuff in the used gaming scene got like 20% cheaper for a while. I haven't seen how much they go for since though.

Kind of a cool piece to have in the collection as it came complete with the box and manual and stuff.
Game collection on my site.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

i cant wait to get my own mobile home! once i do i will be getting analog phone service, and dial up since dial up is cheapest service now. ill be able to game with you guys on dreamcast and saturn! :D
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

How does a guy named SegaSaturnDude not have a Sega Saturn?!?!%!@^
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

well i was planning on buying a sega saturn when i went to the gameexplosion a few months back, but i ended up buying a dreamcast. the saturn was a little bit out of my price range. ill buy one off of ebay here soon when my dad gets his check, he was gonna buy me and my bro a laptop which is $250, but in stead i just asked for the money going towards it, because i have somethings i need and want to buy, which includes a sega saturn and panasonic 3do system
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I owned two 3DOs at one point. Unless you have a really good reason to get one, I don't really recommend it. I personally regretted my decision to pick them up. They were a neat novelty for a day or two, but then I realized there were no games I wanted to play for them.
segasaturndude

Post by segasaturndude »

mainly the reason i want the 3d0 is its music visualizer when you play music cds, and its s video output whihc i would love to use omy my 1990 soy xbr trinitron television