where can i get the netlink games at?

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
segasaturndude

where can i get the netlink games at?

Post by segasaturndude »

i was curious where i can buy the netlink games at like the Daytona usa CCE netlink edition?
Welcome to the Real world, Sega Saturn Image
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: where can i get the netlink games at?

Post by Warp2063 »

segasaturndude wrote:i was curious where i can buy the netlink games at like the Daytona usa CCE netlink edition?
If you're lucky, you'll find one on eBay. That particular game is by far the most rare of the five NetLink games, as it was only sold directly from Sega, and you had to order it with a credit card. Expect to pay half a grand at least. It's also somewhat difficult to distinguish from the non-NetLink version if the right photos aren't shown, so be careful.

As for the other NetLink games... eBay again. That's where I got Duke Nukem and Sega Rally Championship NetLink Edition. The NetLink version of Virtual ON I found on some other random site.

Those three are the most common. Bomberman is a bit tougher, as people tend to hold onto it just because it's a fun game. It's also uncommon for a game to support eight players locally, and that one does, so it usually goes for more.

A few quick searches on eBay... and I found that Sega Rally can be easily had for under $25. Depending on the condition, you could get it for as low as $5. Just watch for the NetLink logo. Duke I found for around $25 new. The only US copy of Virtual ON I found on eBay was a sealed copy for $80. Probably want to wait on that one. Bomberman I also found for about $80. I did not see a Daytona NetLink version on there.

As I said... good luck getting Daytona.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
Xranger60
Site Admin

Post by Xranger60 »

As Warp said, without a doubt, obtaining Daytona CCE without breaking the bank would be a challenge. The other games are much more reasonable. I'm surprised that Virtual On is anything over $30 these days... used to be that Virtual On and Sega Rally were by far the most common (and cheap), because Sega sold them together in a game pack.

If you're going to splurge on anything, make it Bomberman. It's fun, a lot of NetLinkers have it, and if you're not playing online, it's great to play local. You can play with 1 friend.... or 9 (or 10, can't remember it) other friends all on one Saturn. That's an experience that only a teeny minority of games can come close to offering.
Willing to play Bomberman, Duke Nukem 3d, Virtual On, Sega Rally. Send me a PM.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

eBay is the easiest way to find them.

It's weird how Daytona CCE NetLink is so expensive. I think that people want to own it instead of play it.
The first Daytona CCE is not that good as a racing game. Maybe you like it, but for me Daytona USA is better. Good luck finding one if you really want to play it and not just "show it".

So you have Sega Rally, one of the best racers of the Saturn, and very easy to find.
Virtual On is good, a bit hard (to play, not to find), but not that wonderful. The sound is not very good. It's a bit strange, the mood is very very "japanese".

People like Bomberman a lot. I don't understand the feeling. I don't like the franchise at all. And don't think it's "fun". This one I would buy just to get a complete collection.

Duke Nukem is very very fun! But you'll find it "limited" if you played the PC version before. (You don't crouch, it's automatic) (less voices) (less interaction with scenery) But it's Duke Nukem! And that's enough! lol
Well, IMO, it's more "deep" than other FPS of the time, like Doom or Quake. They look so dumb and simple compared to Duke...

I'm following the prices for years and didn't see them changing that much.
Sega Rally: 20-30
Virtual On: 20-30
Duke Nukem: 40-50
Bomberman: 80-90
Daytona: 500-600
(These for factory sealed games. If you're ok buying used games, you can pay half, except bomberman and daytona)
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

The truth is if you wait and are a bit patient

Virtual On 5-15$
Sega Rally 5-15$
Duke Nukem 10-20$
Bomberman 50-60$
Daytona can fluctuate because of how scarce it is. 400-600$

I bought Virtual On and Sega Rally sealed for 10$ each a while back. You have to wait a bit but can get used ones for under 20

Duke Nukem has gone up and down based on the new games release. 10-20$ loose is fair. But its gone to 25$ recently.

Bomberman can be had for 40-60 if you are patient. I got a beautiful copy for 40$ by luck. But most of the time itll rise to 80$ if youre impulse buying.

Daytona is a crapshoot and a bidding war regardless. So be ready for that.

All of the Netlink games are super fun. The only that is still original that I own is Duke Nukem. But that I mean I bought it when I was kid on release day and still own the original case and manual. Great SP game and great Netlink game.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Don't forget to look on amazon. I find stuff on amazon for better prices than eBay a lot of the time. It's always good to look in as many places as possible. And like Derek said be patient. Some times you get lucky. I got my factory sealed Virtual On NLE for $4.95 shipped. Sega Rally I got with a boxed Netlink for $20 shipped, I kept the game and the Netlink was for a buddy.
Game collection on my site.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Good point about Amazon, Jerry. I think that's where I got my NetLink mouse... or at least one piece of my collection of NetLink and XBAND stuff.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!