3D Viewing mode in AZEL Panzer RPG

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
bellotto

3D Viewing mode in AZEL Panzer RPG

Post by bellotto »

I was reading my instruction manual for my AZEL RPG import, there is a page showing a person with arrows from each eye to the screen, with something in the middle of the screen. The arrows indicate as though to go cross eyed, with a flat object in the center of the screen. Also, on this same page is a cutting line near the edge.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Last edited by bellotto on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: 3D Viewing mode in AZEL Panzer RPG

Post by Warp2063 »

The image is too blurry to read a lot of the text clearly, but my guess is it's a way of finding the minimum safe distance to sit from the screen. Any chance you can get a clearer picture up? I'd reference my own if it weren't back home.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
bellotto

Post by bellotto »

Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

It's still too blurry. :/

Until it's clear enough to read the tiny furigana over the kanji, it'll be really tough to translate.

Still, from a quick glance, I'm still not seeing anything to indicate 3D...

I'd recommend using a scanner. If that's not an option, make sure you have good lighting but no glare, steady your camera on something (tripod would be best), and set it to Macro mode.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
bellotto

Post by bellotto »

That second photo was using video recording in 1080. It's better than taking a photo with what I have.

Stereograms can be viewed cross eyed. I can't figure out why there is the object in the center, and the arrows showing the vision crossing.

The pages that can be cut, there are 2, the first page says Hints, inside the pages are the hints, and the back is the page I showed. What would be the point of cutting the edges of the hint pages? It's about a 3rd of an inch cut, my pages are already cut.

The small print on the picture says 50cm. When holding a stereogram close to the face, it can cause cross eyed. This results in 1-5cm.
bellotto

Post by bellotto »

The art on the other pages goes with the pages after being cut.

Considering it says 50 cm, yeah, it can't really be a 3d view, I just had the idea from stereograms. I just don't know why it shows the arrows with the vision crossing. Usually they just say sit back to prevent eye strain.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

It could have been a coupon or a proof of purchase that got cut off...

It's possible that the 1080p recording is clear enough, but somewhere between the compression of the video, your computer's display resolution, compression when you saved the picture, and (probably the biggest factor) the compression performed by the photo hosting site... the text is no longer legible.

If you have some video editing software, you can probably export a single frame of the video as a photo, rather than doing a screen capture on your computer. If you were to find a better photo host or simply email me the resulting photo, I could take a look at it. Alternatively, if you remind me in a few weeks, I can take a look at my own instruction manual when I go home for Christmas break.
bellotto

Post by bellotto »

I'll just wait until you go home.

The cut line also might just prevent the hints from showing.