Saturn Game Prices Starting To Get Rediculous

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
NWA

Saturn Game Prices Starting To Get Rediculous

Post by NWA »

Hi everyone,

I just was wondering why people are charging crazy prices for saturn games. The reason I'm asking is I went on Ebay to check to see the prices on Resident evil 1 on ss and people were asking crazy prices lime 41 dollars disk only!!! What a God Damn Ripoff!!!! Every time I go and try to get a good game for my saturn, It emptys my damn wallet which shouldn't be!! Another example: At my gamestore they had nights for 14 dollars mint case and all, they sold it, so time for me to go on ebay: 40 dollars and up. -_-. When did that game become that rare? I mind as well just buy shining the holy ark us version for that price, jesus! its stupidity! Anyways, I'd really apreciate some feedback on these prices because I don't know if it's just me, but I think people who sell these games for that much must dream in color. P.S, When I get games off ebay it's through my game store, so I cant really do auctions because then I'd have to check on it all the time
Better run home to momma now!
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Re: Saturn Game Prices Starting To Get Rediculous

Post by Warp2063 »

The system is more than 15 years old. The games are getting rarer. In a supply/demand economy, if the demand stays constant or increases and the supply drops, it causes an increase in the price. And if you're hunting for more popular games like RE, that's a game with higher demand.

But yeah, I feel that the prices are ridiculous. eBay is an auction site, where the prices fluctuate even more with supply and demand... Brick and mortar stores' prices tend to stay steadier.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NWA

Post by NWA »

true,true. It's killing me not to get the iso, so I think i'll get the japanese biohazard version cuz its way cheaper
Better run home to momma now!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Yeah. That's happening to all the classic systems. Some years ago, with the crisis, the prices fell a lot. But now that the people are financially better, and together with the more interest in the old games, the prices are going up in an insane way.
But I believe that when the next generation arrive, the prices will fall again for a while...
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D