Sega Genesis LED Mod

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
NWA

Sega Genesis LED Mod

Post by NWA »

hey everyone, heres a quick mod I did that took less than five minutes:

I opened up my model 2 genesis and replaced the LED with a new blue/white one. The original was already broken off and rattleing inside the system so I took an old key chain light, took out the LED by breaking it off, then the pegs that give connection were actually bigh enough to hold themself in place without falling out of the holes where the LED goes, so since there was previous sodder or whatever you call it underneath the board from the old led, It could make a solid connection and hold itself in place because like i said the pegs that go in the holes to make connection were thick enough to do so :mrgreen: *Note: I had to sand down the white plastic piece that fits onto the genesis to fit my led
Attachments
My Mega Drive LED Mod.jpg
My Mega Drive LED Mod.jpg (19.73 KiB) Viewed 12366 times
Better run home to momma now!
Rogue

Re: Sega Genesis LED Mod

Post by Rogue »

Is this the right place for these Mega Drive and Sega CD topics?
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Not really. There should be a Sega Genesis section, as it was sort of an online system. But as of yet, there is not.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NWA

Post by NWA »

Well, I didn't choose gaming because It just didnt feel right. Its actually mostly used to talk about new stuff and bellotto trying to sell his systems. this is the colesest to genesis and I'm confident on posting it here because i dont think anyone will mind, i mean theres only about ten of us who are really active on the forums plus im glad to share it. If people dont want it here i guess i could take it down :oops:
NWA

Post by NWA »

i actually could have just used the lounge :?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Well, it doesn't hurt to try to keep things organized.
Considering the time you took to open the topics about other consoles, the first page will be all about other consoles in a couple of weeks...

I'm not trying to be harsh or anything, but I really don't feel great trying to search for something about the Saturn online and all the topics are about the Mega Drive, 32X or Sega CD.

Maybe we can ask Xranger about a Mega Drive place, if people really want to discuss about it...
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
NWA

Post by NWA »

We could, but he doesn't seem to be around much. We once almost set up a match and set a date but I'm pretty sure he never got back to me :( He may not have answered me after that but atleast he takes the time to keep the site up and running :D without this place I would have never put use to my netlink. There is technically a genesis section but only for xband. BTW if you guys didn't see someone new posted some interesting stuff on there and he has source code to a genesis xband server. In a way though its really a hit or miss when looking for stuff on saturn online. most of the time I never get replies to match offers. I actually have been looking for a match of duke for about a week or so and noone ever offered to play. In a way, the most active people on this site is you, me, and warp. I'm on every single day and post every single day, and me n warp talk alot on my topics during the night. I'm actually pretty sure warp checks in every day too.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I check the site almost every time I sit down at my computer. During the summer, most of the time I spend on my computer is at night. =P
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

I put in a strobing blue and red LED in my Sonic Genesis. Then some how lost the rest of the blue and red strobing LEDS. Here's a video of it in action though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAbwXyjTsXU

Yes, I like to show this thing off as much as possible.
Game collection on my site.
NWA

Post by NWA »

awesome! :D