Hey All! .... and Saturn game prices

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
xDerekRx

Hey All! .... and Saturn game prices

Post by xDerekRx »

Hey guys been a while. I see most of the regulars like Warp and Jerry are still hanging around.

Ive been lurking probably once a month or so over the last year.

The Saturn bug has just hit me again so it prompted me to come back here and post.

Its good to see people are still attempting to play games. I wish I still had my analog connection because Id love to jump back into some matches...

Anyway one of the topics I want to discuss is the current prices for rare saturn games. I cant believe after only 2 years prices have almost doubled.

I remember in 2009-2010 I was crying over paying $40 for Bomberman mint complete and $160 for mint Panzer Saga....

I went back on Ebay today to buy a few more rares that I dont have. I still need Burning Rangers. I dont know why I balked on buying it for 70-75$ back in 2010 because now its going for 150-200$.

Panzer Dragoon Saga, and again JErry if you are reading this you probably remember sending me an amazing link for a mint copy for 150-160$ which I then proceeded to buy. Boy Im glad I did because now a nice copy of Panzer Saga will get you $400-$475 easy. A complete copy will not go below $400 if its marketed right. I cant believe how quick that game has doubled and tripled in value even compared to 2010.

There are other games too. Even the lower end games that used to go for 20-25 complete go for 50+ now. Resident Evil was always rare but on Ebay $25 could get you a complete copy on the right day. Now they go anywhere from 45-69.

Guardian Heroes complete, a game that was re-released on Xbox Live now seems to be in the 100-130$ range on the sold listings page.

More or less I need to get my ass moving on getting Burning Rangers for a fair price next time I see it before it goes even higher.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
NWA

Re: Hey All! .... and Saturn game prices

Post by NWA »

I've been looking for the rares locally forever :/ I almost snagged BR last year for 100, but someone beat me to the chase. I sold half my saturn collection because I decided to only keep the ones I wanted and the good ones (all the ones i sold were sports titles and shit like ghen war) so now Im down to 7 complete saturn games; Nights, sega rally, umk3, Shining force iii, and some others im too lazy to go look lol. glad to see you're back. good luck getting BR.
Better run home to momma now!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yeah Ive always been interested in getting the rares locally as well. Feels cooler being able to get the games "in the wild" however most of us know thats not going to be likely for all of them. I had a chance at Shining Force 3 for 89.99. Good enough condition and fair price. Plus I won an NHL 12 tournament which got me 50 in store credit. Shoulda just pulled the trigger.

When I was a kid back in 97 and my parents got me a Saturn instead of a PS or N64 (I would eventually get both of those later on) but always had the spot in my heart for the Saturn because of its underrated nature. I only hung onto a handful of games like Area 51, Duke, Quake and a few others. I never found the games like Panzer Saga and Burning Rangers at the local game stores and by then I think I had moved onto the other systems.

Im like you a bit NWA, I started in 2006 collecting alot of Saturn games but I gave up at about 60-70 games and sold them off except for some select titles.

Then in early 2009 I got the bug again and restarted the collection. Because I was older and had more money (im only 26 now so not like im ancient) I was able to get more of the rares.

Ill admit I have skipped the sports game as well although I have all the Hockey games. One of my collecting habits has always been to try and get all of the NHL titles plus I dont mind a round of Forsberg NHL 97 here or there with friends.

The best condition of all of my rares is House of the Dead. Its 100% complete with a pile of inserts. I got it for $60 and the guy said he took the plastic off it for an unboxing and then never touched it again. After seeing it myself I believed him. My Panzer Saga is also mint as you can get really.

I just wish I pulled the trigger on more rares back in 2009-2010. They were all obtainable.

The only one that seems to have taken off is Burning Rangers so Im going to try and hopefully get under 150 in good condition one of these days and Ill be happy. Im just glad I got Panzer Saga when it was going for 150-180 because its now more than double.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Yeah. I remember when the crisis hit in 2007. The drop in the prices were crazy. I wish I could buy more stuff on those times.
Now, every year the price is higher. The people seems to be over protective with their really rare stuff. And even the ordinary stuff is overpriced. But if you track for some time, the prices of the repeated titles will eventually drop.

You need to be patient about collecting. Don't go after something too expensive, because you often can find it later at a better price.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yeah Ive decided that even though Ive got the drive to buy more games its better to wait and find the best deal.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

As nice of a guy as you are Derek I totally regret telling you about that copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga and not snagging it for myself. I love that more people are into the Sega Saturn but I totally hate how it's shot the prices up. I miss that 2008/9 early days of the financial apocalypse where everything was being sold fast and cheap. I got a lot of good shit in my collection for what are now amazing prices.
Game collection on my site.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Yes Jerry I put you in my will for that!

At the time I remember I wanted to collect slowly, and save the best ones for last but too hard not to have jumped right into PAnzer Saga.

Which despite all the hype, was indeed and unreal game. I remember I read a small spoiler when I got stuck late in the game. I let it get to me but after all is said and done its just an amazing game.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Oho

Post by Oho »

Hi guys, this is the first time I have been on this forum but I have been on other Saturn-related forums for a little while and collection for the Saturn for years now. I completely agree with the price of Saturn games. I started collecting for the Saturn because I always wanted one growing up and my wife got me one for Christmas last year. Ya know, the usual story. Anyway, I got the last laugh there because buying that console turned into an unhealthy collecting passion.
I also live in Australia which means whatever you guys pay for a game - we pay about double. It's not currency conversion, just the price of postage, really. A $15 game cost me $30 on its own so you guys in the US can't complain too much. And the amount I have spent on some of these games is ridiculous. Some I got a good deal on and others I paid far too much for. Like a copy in excellent condition CIB of Batman Forever on the Saturn - $60. Ridiculous. I only paid that price because CIB copies are hard to find and one in good condition? Even rarer. And I only really have eBay to use. Flea markets have NO Saturn stuff. And I have a few Cash Converters around (not sure if that is an International thing or Aussie thing-only) but the three in my area rarely get any GOOD retro stuff. Most of it common crap I could get anywhere. Although I don't collect for the US specifically, I try and avoid Japanese copies - just PAL or US.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

You guys have it rough over there for video games in general.

I stopped into a Tasmania Gamestop or Eb Games and saw a copy of NHL 11 used for 99.99 ASD!! Crazy
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On