Sega Pluto Saturn with built in Netlink prototype

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
xDerekRx

Re: Sega Pluto Saturn with built in Netlink prototype

Post by xDerekRx »

I just bid $7600. High bidder! I dont know whats wrong with me!

I also have a feeling 10k+
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

Derek are you the current high bidder on this thing? I hope you win the auction dude. I'd at least like to know what happens to this thing after it leaves this dudes hands. Who knows maybe some day I'll win the mega millions and be able to buy one of these Plutos for some insane price. Also if you do win this thing I demand you get access to an analog phone line and we play some Netlink matches. Getting to at least connect to one of these things would be bad ass.

Personally I can't believe he'd fucking sell it. If I had a rare piece like that and only paid a dollar for it I'd fucking hold on to it forever.
Game collection on my site.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Jerry if I win there is no doubt that I would test it to the fullest. BUT I would be so careful to not fuck up the laser or anything like that. Everything would be done with care.

However there would 100% be a test of the Netlink.

Heck every other week I consider getting a phone line again just to play Netlink on my regular saturn.

Im winning at 7600, I cant beleive it went that high already. I have a feeling its going to double before its over though.

Anyone want to go in on it and claim partial ownership? Im down with that.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Just registered segapluto.com cant believe it wasnt taken before. Only 10 bucks. I didnt get it because Im going to win the system but its all of sudden a new domain that will be in demand at some point.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

I wouldn't be comfortable with that personally. But I am wishing you tons of luck as I'd like to see it end up with a Netlink enthusiast that will at least use it a few times.

I'm actually putting together a cable access show about games right now. If you win this auction would you be interested in bringing it down to studio ( In fucking Ohio) and showing it off? That'd be pretty fucking cool. Or at least taking some video footage that I could use on the show would be dope.

And really...wishing you all the luck in the world man.
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

Yeah, good luck, man! I hope you do win it. Maybe at some point I can see it... Buffalo's only an hour or so away from Rochester...
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
NWA

Post by NWA »

I hope you win man! Best of luck!!!!
Better run home to momma now!
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Thanks guys will see what happens.

Its a rare piece for any collector but I think only us reallly would appreciate it to its fullest being that its completely Netlink related.

Jerry Dayton is a bit far but if its on TV Id certainly do an appearance. I have a feeling this item is of interest to many gamers. Maybe PAX or other game shows will ask :)

Warp Rochester is easy, Im there all the time.

Many ifs still. I really think this thing goes alot higher so Im not getting my hopes up. But IF I win Im going to study it as much as possible. Test it as much as I can and release as many test videos as possible.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Its also funny how this story pops up days after I come back to the forums to talk about how expensive rare Saturn games have gotten. I complain about paying $50 more for Burning Rangers... then I just bit 7600!
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Oh, that's cool!

This time the seller knows what he have in his hands.

But the reserve price is not met yet. That means there are no valid bids... Or am I missing something?
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

No reserve bid was set to a price they thought it might be worth. Im guessing 10,000

Reserve was only set up becuase they have no idea what the item is worth and it protects against it ending at like $900 by accident.

However if it ends at 7600, they have the right to sell or not. But I have a feeling if it sells for under the reserve at this point they will go ahead and sell it.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

JerryTerrifying

Ahh see I think that's a bit shitty about the reserve price. There is no precedent for it's value and had it only ended at $900 the owner should in theory be happy as fuck about his $899 profit margin. I understand the desire to get as much as you can out of it but a certain point you're just being greedy. Then again I don't much care for Game Gavel and think the sites owner is a bit of a shit lord.

Yeah Derek it would be on live TV in most of South West Ohio and streaming online. I have big goals for my show and achieving a maximum audience locally and online. Being the Netlink enthusiast I am I'd love to have something like this on the show. Who knows if you get this bad boy and its Netlink functionality works maybe I'll go out of the way to get a phone line simulator so we can do a live demo on the show. That'd be pretty awesome.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Very cool indeed.

In small news I decided to buy Burning Rangers tonight. Got a mint collectors copy for $130. I thought it was a fair price for what has slowly become the 2nd (outside of Daytona) priciest game behind Saga. Its been selling for around 150-200.

That was my goal this week, was to get Burning Rangers for a fair price but looks like I might have a bigger fish on my hands.

Im still winning at 7600. I have this sneaky feeling I might actually win this. Ill have to get my funds in order. At first I thought no way it goes less than 10 but now Im not sure.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

mick_aka

Post by mick_aka »

Be really great if this ends up in the hands of someone who will appreciate it and share everything about it with us Saturn nuts all over the world.

Best of luck with your bidding xDerekRx! :)
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Maybe its the money but the thought has creeped into my head... how do we really know only 2 of these exist? I would hate to find some day more are around. Although unlikely.

Also how come not a peep from sega for 14 years about this project?

These are just my natural concerns
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On