Carters Retro Reviews

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
xDerekRx

Re: Carters Retro Reviews

Post by xDerekRx »

Ya Jerrys reviews suck, thus only 15 views :)

Ive always had a strong desire to do review videos for Saturn games but Im not a fan of my voice...

Ive tried to focus on rare videos about stuff people havent posted like Netlink videos and the rare unofficial on debug mode link cable mode in Hexen which I plan to final finish for people.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

You get over the voice issue real fast. I've looked at my voices wave form long enough I can immediately spot where I say shit, fuck and uhhhh for the clean up process.
Game collection on my site.
Oho

Post by Oho »

Yep - you get over it pretty quick. I hate the sound of my voice to this very day but other people don't seem to mind. Most of my reviews are usually done in one take.
Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Batman Forever: The Arcade Game / Sega Saturn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8VDVWWXtgU
Last edited by Oho on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Shinobi Legions / Sega Saturn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHlw2f5IAvc
Last edited by Oho on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Rise 2: Resurrection / Sega Saturn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioLULU96qMY
Last edited by Oho on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Question for carter and Jerry and others.

Doing a new Youtube channel for retro gaming but want to get some newer equipment first.

I figure I can still use my DVD writer/player to capture footage from older systems but wondering what you guys edit on? What program? Looking for something thats budget. Not too crazythat will do good editing. Last time I used a program that made my videos look quite dark.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Oho

Post by Oho »

Vegas is cheap and does the job. If you want something that is free, there are a few options out there but from what I have heard, they're shit. I use Premiere which is expensive as hell but it does what I want it to do alongside After Effects. I can do a dig Derek to find some solution for you.
Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Formula Karts: Special Edition / Sega Saturn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcVrVFQAZTQ
Last edited by Oho on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oho

Post by Oho »

Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Steep Slope Sliders / Sega Saturn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9g5_T0b8yc
Last edited by Oho on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Thanks Carter!

Also great review of Steep Slope btw. The later Saturn titles IMO look and play very well.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Oho

Post by Oho »

Hey Derek, thanks for the feedback. I thought so too. They really got it down to a fine art although to be fair, it is a Sega title so you should expect that they would get it right with their own game.
New review - Rampage World Tour / Sega Saturn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAQ9IPjvV0M
Last edited by Oho on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Carter I forgot to mention I like the new format. You go right at it and you have a set progression to the review video. Makes it so much easier to watch and keeps the viewer engaged the whole time.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Oho

Post by Oho »

Thanks, Derek. My first season of reviews are mostly pretty bad. I got better though. I thought I was being funny or doing something different. There are a few that I still like but for the most part, I don't consider them to be very good. Even after reviewing the reviews and making some changes to the first lot (when I re-uploaded all the videos to the new channel), I'd love to have another crack at doing them. Some of them are fine and just need a few small changes for me to like em.
Even though I had intros and waffled on both during the review and during the intro, I was trying to be different and add a different flavour but it turns out no one cares for that - they don't WANT salt in their ice cream. They just want another opinion about a game. I should have done this from the start because there is far less involved with the videos I make now then what I used to do.
I guess all that stuff is more interesting in person. I'm keepin it about the game.