Carters Retro Reviews

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
Rogue

Re: Carters Retro Reviews

Post by Rogue »

Well, I'm not really into personal reviews but, can't you maybe put the name of the game being reviewed?
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Oho

Post by Oho »

Rogue wrote:Well, I'm not really into personal reviews but, can't you maybe put the name of the game being reviewed?
Done. Ta. :)
Oho

Post by Oho »

Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Virtua Fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq1H2Tsxv0k
Oho

Post by Oho »

Oho

Post by Oho »

Oho

Post by Oho »

xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Carter I assume you are doing alot of lets just say "undesirable" common title reviews because of the cost of buying Saturn games?

Reviews are good though. I dont mind because most people doing Saturn reviews steer away from the Nascars and the Congos.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Oho

Post by Oho »

xDerekRx wrote:Carter I assume you are doing alot of lets just say "undesirable" common title reviews because of the cost of buying Saturn games?

Reviews are good though. I dont mind because most people doing Saturn reviews steer away from the Nascars and the Congos.
Thank you for the positive feedback, Derek. You have no idea how much I need to hear that right now because my latest reviews are simply not getting the views.

You're not the first person to ask me the same question but I don't think it is "undesirable" as it is uncommon and unpopular. The whole point was to point out that hey, there is more to the Saturn than Sega Rally, NiGHTS, Guardian Heroes and Panzer Dragoon Saga. I want to take these uncommon titles or unpopular titles and show you that these other games are pretty good. Like Highway 2000 recently. Surprised me and I recommended it. Yeah sure, I review some shitty games. And they get reviewed accordingly. I find that sometimes they're more fun to review. But I did review Virtua Fighter and Parodius recently which I enjoyed.

Even though I will get around to reviewing the popular titles every one loves, I can't think of another popular game I have played so far that I didn't like. So it will be more of a fan service because I dare say those popular games are popular for a reason. Obviously, I am not 100% on this as I haven't played ALL the popular games but every one I have played so far I have at the very least liked. So I guess we'll see. My thought was would you like to see the 30th review on Sega Rally for Saturn on youtube? Or something you've never heard of? Even if it was crap, at least it is something new, refreshing and different. And by the time I want review a popular title, I want to a lot more established. Not with the amount of views/subscribers (although I do admit that would be nice) but confidence with my own format. I want to make sure that what I am doing now is what I will be doing in the next year or two. Or maybe permanently. I have sectioned off my reviews into seasons which was ultimately just the formats they were in. Since the start to now, my reviews have taken a pretty drastic change in format. To the point where I want to remove most of my first season and about half of my second season and do them all over again with how I am doing it now.
Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Off-world Interceptor Extreme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLRecofLtqM
Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Tilt / Hyper 3D Pinball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SaOIRaIjNc
Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Last Gladiators: Digital Pinball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3BWPdl9ihM
Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - X-Men: Children of the Atom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq-7Lx2CiJg
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Good review of children of the atom. Been meaning to pick that up for Saturn.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Oho

Post by Oho »

Thanks, Derek. :)