Re: Carters Retro Reviews

Post by Oho »

Oho

Post by Oho »

Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Athlete Kings / Decathlete: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1aBaLqu1bE
Oho

Post by Oho »

xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Carter I dont know if you have thought of this before but ever think about spicing up your background? Its just 2 white walls and a guitar. I know alot of retro youtubers have their collections or some posters in the background. Makes it a bit interesting. Or a green screen :)
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Oho

Post by Oho »

Yeah, I thought of doing a green screen before. I already spend enough time on these videos as it is. I might do it later to make things a little more pro but for the time being, I am just gunna leave it as is. I can see how someone like MetalJesusRocks uses it and it improves his videos tenfold.
Oho

Post by Oho »

Oho

Post by Oho »

New review - Mortal Kombat 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVBaSqyjRRg
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

Hey Carter what is the best Sega Saturn forum on the internet? I mean I love this one and all but its a tiny tiny community.

I figured you might know what the most active one is. But I guess to that extent what is the best one with the most USA or Canada users. Ive sorta been avoiding the sega saturn uk proboards one thinking its just UKers.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Oho

Post by Oho »

Hey Derek, I dunno what has happened there. I mean I still frequent the SSUK forum and I still love it and all the guys are amazing but it doesn't seem to be as active as it was. Regardless, that is still probably the most active SS forum on the net. Even though a fair chunk of them are from the UK, you still have a handful like captainkael and bradcap1 who are American Saturn players. Well, captainkael is Canadian but I won't hold that against him. hah, I kid ;) And another handful of Aussie's like myself.

The only downside to the forum is because it is heavily dominated by those from the UK, most of the sell/swapping/buying portion of the forum are PAL releases. And quite honestly, I try and steer away from PAL releases unless they're ridiculously expensive in the US (eg. Sega Ages, Saturn Bomberman, Burning Rangers...etc) or PAL exclusives (Atlantis, Trash It, etc). The reason being is that while most of the guys on that forum look after their games, the cardboard cases haven't stood the test of time and generally are in nowhere nearly as good condition as most of the US copies I have.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

I just joined the other day. I had too. Too many years not talking Saturn with other owners. I made a ton of posts right away.

Seems there are a fair amount of US or Canadians on there which helps a bit.

I mean no offense to the UK PAL owners but I dislike the PAL Saturns games all the way around. I dislike alot of the artwork and I really dislike the boxes from a a collector standpoint.

The US cases had that really beautiful shine (if you get a good case) on the front and back as well as having the colorful manual and backart. They just look the best on a shelf.

It always surprised me that there wasnt a big North American Saturn forum but generally in the US there seems to be alot of gamer forums that will incorporate a Saturn discussion here and there.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On

Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Isn't there a Saturn (or classics) area in the official Sega forums?

I thought those were very populated...
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D