I wonder what happened to grolt?...

This is the place for anything about Sega Saturn
NWA

I wonder what happened to grolt?...

Post by NWA »

Anyone remember grolt? He was a really active member up until 2011. He hasn't been back since. Anyone know what might have happened to him?
Better run home to momma now!
xDerekRx

Re: I wonder what happened to grolt?...

Post by xDerekRx »

People come and go all the time. I was gone for over a year until recently.

Manjii is another one, I played almost all of my online matches against him. All of my youtube videos are versus him. He hasnt been back since 2011.

Grolt was cool, I believe hes the one from Calgary. Even back in 2009 when I was actually playing netlink games he would only post once in a great while

The websites owner Xranger is the same way. He will show up after a year or so and post a bunch.

Sorta how it goes with the Saturn league. No one really actually plays the Netlink anymore so its hard to keep the community going.

Even in 2009 I started the STATS thread which you can still find. I kept peoples W-L like a ladder or leaderboard. Only had maybe 5 people on it.
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

He was very active at buying stuff. Wasn't he a big Astal fan?
I believe I saw the nick in more popular foruns, like DigitPress... don't remember exactly.
I'm ready to play!
Timezone: GMT -3
Games: Sega Rally - Virtual On - Duke Nukem 3D
Warp2063
League Veteran
League Veteran

Post by Warp2063 »

I disappeared for a bunch of months. I checked the site periodically, but I'd been logged out and couldn't be bothered to figure out what my password was so that I could post.
I have my Saturns, I have some of my games, I have a RasPi. Gotta put all this stuff together!
JerryTerrifying

Post by JerryTerrifying »

"Manjii is another one, I played almost all of my online matches against him. All of my youtube videos are versus him. He hasnt been back since 2011."

Same here. All most all of my Netlink matches were against Adam. We still keep up with each others youtube pages. He'll comment on my vids from time to time or I'll PM him occasionally. Last time I really talked to him he sold off most of his Saturn stuff. I bought a bunch of shit from him from like 2009 - 2011. Some of my best deals actually.

I do remember Grolt but I don't think we ever talked to much directly. And yeah like everyone has said I too come and go. I like to check back here from time to time just to see how everyone's doing. This is one of the most bro-ist forums I've posted on. Nice little micro community.
Game collection on my site.
NWA

Post by NWA »

JerryTerrifying wrote:"Manjii is another one, I played almost all of my online matches against him. All of my youtube videos are versus him. He hasnt been back since 2011."

Same here. All most all of my Netlink matches were against Adam. We still keep up with each others youtube pages. He'll comment on my vids from time to time or I'll PM him occasionally. Last time I really talked to him he sold off most of his Saturn stuff. I bought a bunch of shit from him from like 2009 - 2011. Some of my best deals actually.

I do remember Grolt but I don't think we ever talked to much directly. And yeah like everyone has said I too come and go. I like to check back here from time to time just to see how everyone's doing. This is one of the most bro-ist forums I've posted on. Nice little micro community.
Yeah it is. I remember when I first joined it was great. I met a really cool dude here named Haut D. Forme, we still chat occasionally on facebook. Oh yeah, almost forgot, still gotta send you that fami converter Jerry xD. I should put my ass into gear.
JerryTerrifying

LOL no rush dude. Just let me know when it's been sent so I know when to keep an eye out for it. When I know shits coming in the mail I obsessively check every day until it gets here.
xDerekRx

Post by xDerekRx »

jerryterrifying.com is down! nooooo
Netlink Games Owned:
-Duke Nukem 3D
-Sega Rally
-Bomberman
-Virtua On
-Daytona CCE Netlink Edition

If you wanna play just give me a holla!
NWA

Post by NWA »

JerryTerrifying wrote:LOL no rush dude. Just let me know when it's been sent so I know when to keep an eye out for it. When I know shits coming in the mail I obsessively check every day until it gets here.
I do the same thing haha!
JerryTerrifying

xDerekRx wrote:jerryterrifying.com is down! nooooo
I only used it for tracking my collection and I started using a google documents spreadsheet to do that. I do keep JT.com updated on my hard drive should I ever upload it some where. But it was getting to pricey to keep up and it was only for my personal use...soo yeah.